HRM (UK)

Options
Hey all,

I was just wondering if anyone knows a good Heart Rate Monitor that isn't too expensive. ive looked on amazon.co.uk but there are LOADS lol

thanks

xxx

Replies

• moon_light10
    Options
    I have a Polar F6 and a F4, both are great and cheap on Amazon
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    do they tell you how many calories you've burned too? xxx
  • KaraRimmer
    KaraRimmer Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I bought a HRM from ASDA for 15 quid that supposedly calulated calories burned but it did NOT work as you had to stop your exercise to get it to manually check your pulse and then it wasn't actually able to read any changes to your pulse so it was basically rubbish. Took it straight back!! I am now highly suspicious of all manufacturers claimss!! Like you, I want to know how many calories I have personally burned for any given exercise (Spin/Body Attack/Body Pump/running etc) but also without having to necessarily programme that specific exercise in. I just want it to record my heart rate as it changes over a given period of time and tell me how many calories I have burned. Is there anything out there that does this?

You're right Monkey - there are so many on the market at different prices that its had to know where to start!. It also seems that you have to wear a chest strap to even be in with a chance of it working. I don't mind doing this, I just don't want to waste any more money and just go out get what I want. From what I have read, the Polar FT7 is the best option as its not too expensive (about 75 quid) and should do this but some confirmation would be good!

2266513.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter:

:laugh:
  • Krissie_Triaxis
    Options
    This is the one that my husband and I use: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sigma-PC15-Heart-Rate-Monitor/dp/B000G4YOUM/ref=sr_1_7?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1317826175&sr=1-7

It's excellent - takes a little setting up and you have to remember as the weight comes off to change the weight setting on the watch (or it won't calculate correctly) but it's been excellent and comparable with other HRMs I've had in the past. It's not silly expensive either.

Best bit is that you can get your kals burned for the exercise you are currently doing, and it will give you a running total of all exercise you've done so you can keep a weekly tally before you reset for the following week - they are reset seperately.

Hope that's of some help.

K
    x
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Lidls and Aldi quite often have special offers on HRMs. I got mine for about £15, has a chest strap, and it asked for personal info when I set it up. Works fine, the battery on the chest strap needs replacing a bit too often for my liking, so I'm now careful to remove it after use.
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    thank you all :) xxx