I'm Overweight !

Options
Good News : I checked my BMI and I'm not "obese" any more !

Not that BMI is such a meaningful number, but the first time my doc called me obese in a matter-of-fact tone, it did sting a little.

So, for today anyway, I'm deciding that BMI *is* meaningful !

Replies

• janetbythesea
    Options
    It feels great doesn't it? Well done you !
  • Krisengel
    Krisengel Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Think how great it will be to have your doctor you your weight is healthy!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and continued success. :flowerforyou:
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    very nice. I personally hate BMI. according to BMI, I still have about 7 pounds to go to get out of obeseland, even though many folks are surprised to hear I still want to lose more weight. I do think that I'm overweight and I have at least 20ish more pounds to lose...but BMI just isn't made for all body types.
  • atlraine
    atlraine Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    YOU ROCK!! That is an awesome feat! And yes, when your primary care physician decides to call you *obese* it does sting. In 2009 my PCP said she apologized but needed to state that I was OBESE because I was tipping the scale at 212lbs. I am taking my jouney slow, but I am getting to the state of no longer being obese too!

Enjoy your victory!!!
  • PhilipByrne
    PhilipByrne Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    BMI is just a rough guide. I checked it yesterday and was amused to discover that the lower end of a healthy weight for me is 125lbs. I'm 5ft 9in and broad. If I was that weight I would be the guy who gets sand kicked in his face. Anyway, that said I have a couple of lbs to go before I'm out of the obese category and will be glad to leave it behind for ever. Continued success to you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!