Any suggesttions for Protein powder for women?

Options
Hello pals, I am looking for a protein powder for women. I am not sure if I should get one for after workout or a meal replacement. I checked out the ones at GNC and the guy mentioned that the difference between the two is that the workout one does not have vitamins and minerals? Are there any suggestions on this? Part of the reason is also that I am a vegetarian so I want to add this to my diet.

Any recommendations on specific ones for women that work well?

Replies

• NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about this as well.
  • jenfactor
    jenfactor Posts: 124
    Options
    I've had Aria protein powder for women, wasn't bad. I found it at Trader Joe's. But lately I've just been buying Whole Foods 365 brand, their whey protein.
  • lvitel
    lvitel Posts: 2
    Options
    I have been using Arbonne's protein powder. it is a vegan protein and it is YUMMY!!!!!
  • Ash852
    Ash852 Posts: 10
    Options
    i would like to know it too.....
  • jonesz922
    jonesz922 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I use the GNC Lean Body, I like the taste of it, it's high in protein. I did use Isopure for awhile, but hated the taste!
  • kcodding
    kcodding Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Try Metagtenics they have a variety of protein powders. I drink the one called ULTRA MEAL. I mix it with unsweetened almond milk and add fruit sometimes. Its very tasty.
  • SmugCanucksGal
    SmugCanucksGal Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I personally use ISO Femme. YOu can use milk or water - IT tastes great in either.

Zero Estrogenic Proteins
    25 grams of Body-Shaping Whey Protein
    Zero Added Sugar
    Aspartame-Free and Gluten-Free
    98.5% Lactose-Free
    Only 120 calories per serving
  • Mummsy
    Mummsy Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    There is one that is juice based or flavored and I can't for the life of me remember the name of it. I have always used Body Fortress but I don't think it is geared toward women. Likely men as it has a big ole body builder on the front. I think the juice one is called Nectar.............look that up and see if it may be what you are looking for.
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'm love Isofemme right now. It tastes great (esp. with some skim milk and ice cubes in a blender--instant chocolate shake!), and it has no estrogenic proteins, so it doesn't screw with your hormones.

http://www.allmaxnutrition.com/products-type/isofemme-protein-smoothie/

I also really like Dymatize Elite Whey.

http://www.dymatize.com/products/protein/
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't think a protein powder would need to be geared towards women. How would a protein powder "for women" be any different that a protein powder "for men" except for marketing?
  • rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I think unjury protein powder is the best. My nutritionist recommended it...it's low carbs, low fat, 100 cals and 20 grams of protein in a scoop. Plus it tastes really good. I like the chocolate splendor and the vanilla the best.
  • Dizzle_65
    Dizzle_65 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    You don't need a female specific protein. After all protein is protein, I would compare prices & content because I am sure that you will end up paying more for something that is branded as female specific than you will for generic protein
  • DianeDeCarlo
    Options
    Usana Health Sciences has a great product called Nutrimeal which has protein or for more protein they have chocolate whey
    yummie! I have a shake every morning! They come in several flavors, Vanilla/Chocolate/Strawberry My favorite is chocolate and I add a teaspoon of natural peanut butter! Low glycemic too! If you would like more information reply and we can connect!
  • teamiconic
    teamiconic Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    There Is no such thing as protein powder for women. Thats like saying can I have chicken for women of eggs for women. Protein Powder is a Supplement and a tool. Sure they have different types (Rice, casein, whey, soy) One is not better then the other it just depends on you goals and preferences, so in fact they all work well. You just have to line the right one up with your goals. You could use one for after a workout if you choose to. Or you can eat protein rich foods. When ever possible try to eat a whole food rather then taking a supplement.

After all they the one I recommend the one I use is Optimum Nutrition Gold Whey, I am very happy with the pricing, taste, and integrity of the product. ( Whey is a milk by product, WIll this work for you)

If anyone has any other questions fell free to shoot me over a message...
  • YogiGirlLucy
    Options
    I use Garden of Life Raw Protein, it is all natural and made from a blend of organic sprouts. Vegan/gluten free/dairy free, and no fillers or artificial flavors or synthetic nutrients. Sometimes I add in some Flax USA Organic Golden Flax, for a little extra protein and fiber and 2,800mg of Omega-3.

I get this at Whole Foods, but I am sure you can find it at other health food stores.

If you are going to go with anything from GNC, really check the ingredients for fillers and artificial additives, etc. You also may not be getting organic.

Lucy :)
  • Jennyzfit
    Jennyzfit Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't think a protein powder would need to be geared towards women. How would a protein powder "for women" be any different that a protein powder "for men" except for marketing?

Thank you for this statement. I think we get enough protein from our diet.
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Not geared just for women, I really like Pure Protein products!

Oh and I really like the vanilla shake :)
  • Fit_ClaudiaQ
    Options
    I don't think there's a protein powder just for "women or men" it just depends how much you drink & with what you drink it with...to my understanding for body building you take it with milk & for weight loss it's with water. Anyhow, I'd recommend Amplified or Optimum Nutrition which you can find at GNC..
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    any protein powder would work, man or woman.
  • scuba_girl1002
    Options
    thanks everyone for your prompt response. You are right , there is nothing like for women, oh well,. now I have a lot of options, I think I will start with the small package of GNC Amplified. thanks again!