Whale or Mermaid?

Options
A while back, at the entrance of a gym, there was a picture of a very thin and beautiful woman. The caption was "This summer, do you want to be a mermaid or a whale?"

The story goes, a woman (of clothing size unknown) answered the following way:

"Dear people, whales are always surrounded by friends (dolphins, seals, curious humans), they are sexually active and raise their children with great tenderness.
They entertain like crazy with dolphins and eat lots of prawns. They swim all day and travel to fantastic places like Patagonia, the Barents Sea or the coral reefs of Polynesia.
They sing incredibly well and sometimes even are on cds. They are impressive and dearly loved animals, which everyone defend and admires.

Mermaids do not exist.

But if they existed, they would line up to see a psychologist because of a problem of split personality: woman or fish?
They would have no sex life and could not bear children.
Yes, they would be lovely, but lonely and sad.
And, who wants a girl that smells like fish by his side?

Without a doubt, I'd rather be a whale.

At a time when the media tells us that only thin is beautiful, I prefer to eat ice cream with my kids, to have dinner with my husband, to eat and drink and have fun with my friends.

We women, we gain weight because we accumulate so much wisdom and knowledge that there isn't enough space in our heads, and it spreads all over our bodies.
We are not fat, we are greatly cultivated.
Every time I see my curves in the mirror, I tell myself: "How amazing am I ?! "

Replies

• PrettyLittleLiar79
    Options
    I just read this on FB earlier this morning. Made my day =-.)
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • ReginaB13
    ReginaB13 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I saw this on Facebook too, and it made me happy. It had a photo with it, that I thought was BEAUTIFUL, of a plus-size woman.....Some people made obnoxious comments about how she was fat, and it made me want to punch them for 1) not getting the point of the story and 2) finding someone who was BEAUTIFUL to be nothing more than "fat". She was heavy, but gorgeous. People make me so mad!
  • jaxdiablo
    jaxdiablo Posts: 580
    Options
    I don't know which I'd prefer, all I know is when I wear gray to the beach they try to roll me back in... :-P

Good read though.

Thanks for sharing.
  • alexa_image
    alexa_image Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    This made me smile :) Thanks for sharing
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Think about that next time you want a guy.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqYj6Q5HFmtJdgcRAXGw14fsg6fQpfRJyC21WvOoJ8UXXjoYST
  • lexximan
    lexximan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    So true, are fat men just fat?
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    women, we gain weight because we accumulate so much wisdom and knowledge that there isn't enough space in our heads
    Speak for yourself, I gained weight because I ate too much crap and rarely got up off my big fat *kitten*.

I have the wisdom and knowledge to do something about that.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I like it!!
  • Maria_Goose
    Options
    Hehe sweet!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Think about that next time you want a guy.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqYj6Q5HFmtJdgcRAXGw14fsg6fQpfRJyC21WvOoJ8UXXjoYST

Well it would depend on his personality.