The Bridezilla

Options
Helllo guys! I'm a bride to be that moved from a tropical country to this wonderful supersize country with delicious food, the result: In one eekend I gained 6 lbs.

Now I am supperrr fat and sad! My fiance is going to help me to achieve my goal = Lose 20 lbs
I'm going to the gym everyday and no more restaurants...

Its going to be hard but I wanna look like a princess in my wedding dress ----

Sat 15 I'm going to buy the dress so I have few days to lose at least 10 lbs

Replies

• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    10-pounds in 10-days is a lot to lose in a healthy way. :flowerforyou:

When is your wedding?
  • borboletas
    Options
    10 lbs is 5 kilograms, you can lose it in 10 days easily if you exercise and do diet
  • gipperakh
    gipperakh Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    10 lbs is 5 kilograms, you can lose it in 10 days easily if you exercise and do diet
    easily, but in a healthy way?
  • everydaypam
    everydaypam Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    10-pounds in 10-days is a lot to lose in a healthy way. :flowerforyou:

When is your wedding?

Agreed! Remember that you will probably have a second fitting closer to your wedding and they can make any adjustments at that time. Also, dresses that lace up in the back look beautiful and are good for someone who is planning on losing weight since they have more give before alterations are needed. Good luck and enjoy the shopping, it was one of my favorite parts! :)
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options

If that's what you believe, good luck to you. Most of us on here can't do this "easily."
  • borboletas
    Options
    OMG and when I say DIET is real diet = Low carbs, lo fat, high protein and 2 hours in the gym plus more 45 minutes in the elliptical at home

In june next year..... I have to be more healthy... alll my family has diabetes and high blood pressure
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Be careful that you are not setting yourself up to fail by setting such a high goal for yourself. 10lbs in 10 days is quite extreme.
  • borboletas
    Options
    Not totally healthy WAy.... a Bit Unhealthy! LOL
  • borboletas
    Options
    yeah its extreme and one more point to think about is that 80% of the weight you lose in the first week of the diet its only water
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    You're right, you surely can. But I imagine you aren't getting married the day you buy your dress. So good luck fitting into that dress the day of your wedding because you will gain it back as fast as you lost it.
  • borboletas
    Options
    That's the kind of dress I'm looking forrrr!!!! I Love this design and help a LOT with the waist line

Thank YOU!!!!
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Not totally healthy WAy.... a Bit Unhealthy! LOL

And since when was weight loss a laughing matter? Seriously, you need to rethink this 10lbs in 10 days thing, you're either going to fail or hurt yourself.
  • Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    10 lbs in 10 days is gonna be damn near impossible, especially if you only have twenty pounds to lose to begin with, I would be happy to lose maybe 2-3. Focus on the big picture, and lose the weight the healthy/ smart way. There's no quick fix, and even if you do manage to get ten pounds off in ten days, it won't be permanent. Good luck to you, and congratulations on your wedding.
  • borboletas
    Options
    It is a challenge! Everybody needs a challenge in life. That's my personal challenge! If I win It's great, but if not I at least tried and that's what really matter. Its me and myself.:drinker:
  • borboletas
    Options
    thank you!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options

Yes, you can.

The question is WHAT will you lose. Will it be mostly fat? The answer is certainly no. Will you sacrifice a disproportionate muscle mass? Most probably yes.

Listen, you can manipulate your water balance or "dry" out to give the temporary illusion of slimness / leaness for a special occasion. However it will be of a short term effect and may not be worth it in the long term depending on how you structure your diet and training regimen.

For the safest way to approach rapid weight loss check out "The Rapid Fat Loss Handbook" by Lyle McDonald.

Good luck.
  • borboletas
    Options
    Ok Guys: I'm going to do 45 minutes of cardio on the ellitical now! I'll be glad to let you know the results....and post pics
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Okay, well, good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • fudgebudget
    fudgebudget Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Helllo guys! I'm a bride to be that moved from a tropical country to this wonderful supersize country with delicious food, the result: In one eekend I gained 6 lbs.

Now I am supperrr fat and sad! My fiance is going to help me to achieve my goal = Lose 20 lbs
    I'm going to the gym everyday and no more restaurants...

Its going to be hard but I wanna look like a princess in my wedding dress ----

Sat 15 I'm going to buy the dress so I have few days to lose at least 10 lbs
    I really doubt you actually gained 6 pounds in a weekend. That's like an excess of 21,000 calories in just a couple of days. More likely, you consumed a lot of sodium which is causing you to retain water, and THAT is the gain. Drink a ton of water over the next few days and you should "lose" a few pounds just with that.