IBS

Options
Hi, i have IBS and i find it hard to find things that i could eat with out bothering my stomach. I find i have to take Laxatives once a month or so or i feel really sick. My bowels just sit in my stomach and ive gained 20lbs. I need help, im depressed and dont like my bf of 6 years touching me, and all i wear is pj's.

Replies

• Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    Hi, i have IBS and i find it hard to find things that i could eat with out bothering my stomach. I find i have to take Laxatives once a month or so or i feel really sick. My bowels just sit in my stomach and ive gained 20lbs. I need help, im depressed and dont like my bf of 6 years touching me, and all i wear is pj's.

Sounds like you should just see a doctor and a counselor to help you get past this. Best wishes.
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Dr. for sure plus I use a good colon cleanser when I begin to feel sluggish. Research them because some are just fluff...
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    See a doc.

Also, you sure it's IBS and not gluten intolerance? GI is often misdiagnosed as IBS.
  • Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    You sound just like me. I'm not sure if I have IBS, but I have something very wrong with my digestive system ever since I had my gallbladder removed.. I can't eat hardly anything without it upsetting my stomach or needing a bathroom a couple minutes after I've consumed the food. I am also almost always in my pj's because I always feel bloated and unsexy. I wish I knew the answer on how to fix this problem :(
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Try no pasta no sugar or at least cut back. It helped me.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Yes, see your doctor!
  • rdmchugh
    Options
    See a doc.

Also, you sure it's IBS and not gluten intolerance? GI is often misdiagnosed as IBS.

^^This^^

My experience is that IBS is a catch-all for "we really dont know what is wrong with you". See a doctor, find a good probiotic (Goodbelly is a great one). Going gluten free for 3-4 weeks will help you see if that is the problem.
  • STARSHINE1975
    Options
    I have IBS and I take a prescription called Bentyl when things start acting up. My IBS is triggered by stress and the Bentyl has helped. You should talk to you doctor and see if there is something he can suggest for your particular symptoms.
  • sunshine77081
    Options
    my dear send me a private message...I'll explain my issues with this. Probably very similar to you.
  • catrojas
    catrojas Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have IBS too, but not what yours is doing. I don't hang on to the stuff that irritates me, my body wants it GONE!. I've found that since I've started working out that my IBS "episodes/flare ups" are almost gone. stay away from raw veggies, anything that give you gas, a lot of grains and dairy. basically, a low GI (glycemic index) diet. I'm not a doctor, but these are the things that have helped me. but the biggest thing is keeping my body active, it helps the digestive process, and I feel a lot more active. drink your 8 glasses of water a day, this can help flush out your system and keep things moving.

there is a medication available to women with IBS and constipation. you might talk to your Dr. about it, but I recommend seeing your Dr. anyway. fast weight gain and depression shouldn't be ignored.
  • GreenGettingLean
    GreenGettingLean Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Ooof, I'm with ya girl. Not officially diagnosed yet, but I've already been tested for celiac disease and thyroid issues, and thankfully both came back negative. Personal hunch, I think I've got good ol' IBS with a hefty dose of dairy intolerance. Like others said: see a doctor, and hang in there! I myslef really need to get back to my doctor and get a prescription for SOMETHING, I'm sick of being sick if you know what I mean :wink: Feel free to add me if you need some support with this.
  • PhilipByrne
    PhilipByrne Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm not saying that your problem is the same as mine but......

I was diagnosed with IBS for about 10years, nothing helped. It turned out it was mis-diagnosed diverticulosis. I had surgery, problem solved. Can eat or drink anything and no issues.

Hope you get sorted.

Phil
  • maura5880
    maura5880 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I have IBS and inflammatory bowel syndrome. I'm being tested in 2 weeks for Crohn's. I've had terrible stomach issues for years now, and just recently decided to see a GI. You really should have your PCP refer you to a GI, and have some tests. There are no real definitive tests for IBS (just doc's best guess), but you may have Celiac (which is diagnosed through a blood test). It also could be something more serious, like Crohn's, and the doctor may suggest a colonoscopy. Def call the doctor..
  • teachfl2
    teachfl2 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have had IBS for several years now. I recently had a colonoscopy, endoscopy, food allergy test and have been tested for Celiac (negative). This past Saturday I went to a nutritionist, finally! She told me all about how my food allergies are really hindering my weight loss, how I am a sugar addict and need to stop by sugar intake. I also have a bloated stomach after eating every meal. I have cut out the following: all dairy, wheat, egg yolks, sugar, most fruits, and gassy vegtables. I have started taking a digestive enzyme before every meal and am drinking a cranberry tea to help with water weight gain. I firmly believe that IBS is really misdiagnosed in alot of people. My suggestion for you is to really look at what you are eating and have a food allergy test done. It has only been four days for me, but I have lost 4 pounds and don't feel so tired all of the time!