Morning exercise = nausea!

Options
How can I stop the nausa? I would love to be able to get a morning workout in before my day starts at 6:30. Those of you who workout in the morning and used to get nauseous and don't anymore - what did you do to fix the problem?:sick:

Replies

• jewelzz
    jewelzz Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I am a morning workout girl,and cant eat before my workouts because i get sick if i do
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Are you eating breakfast before you workout? I eat half of my breakfast before I workout (usually a piece of fruit or a small piece of toast with peanut butter) and the rest after my workout. I get nauseous if I eat a full breakfast before or if I don't eat at all.
  • CarolineSuzanneSmith
    Options
    If I exercise in the morning, I either have to wake up at least an hour and half before exercising so that I can eat a SMALL breakfast and let it digest...or I don't eat at all. Also, drinking milk in the morning and then exercising makes me nauseous...don't know why.
  • Rklane
    Rklane Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I've been doing a kettlebell bootcamp at 5:15. When I first started, I ate something small beforehand and would feel completely sick. I found not eating and making sure I cooled down after workout helped me.
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I used to be like that. If I exercised, it ruined my whole day because it made me feel nauseous and dizzy. My solution was to workout in the evening.

Now I am WAY more fit than I used to be. I was away from home taking care of my niece for a week and the only time I had to work out was the morning, so I thought, okay, it is only for a week, I won't like it, but it is that or not work out at all. The funny thing was, this time it was okay. It did NOT ruin my day. I had a good workout and felt good all day.

So...experiment with different times then try again for the early hours.