Diet & Exercise

Options
I try to exercise everyday and my weight still fluctuates. This week I have been 252.5-255. I didn't exercise Sunday due to me starting a new plan Friday & Saturday + running around with my nieces had me sore. Right now I have a cardio lineup from youtube where I do 15 mins for one set and then 30 mins of a Biggest loser workout recording. I also go to the gym however I am taking a week in a half break from that due to my plateau. is there anything else I could be doing I try to always at 1680-1700 for my calories which is what MFP recommends. I'm getting frustrated.

Replies

• jewelzz
    jewelzz Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I know i cant take that much time off even if my weight loss has stalled.I just kick up the workouts and adjust my eating,gets me back up and running
  • mamamialove1
    Options
    lower ur cal intake for a week and see if that helps u can change ur cal goal spread them out so u dont feel hungry u dont need to work out everyday ur body needs rest that way u dont burn urself out and get bored
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    You might want to squeeze a few recovery days in your schedule.

It's 'diet, exercise, AND rest'
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    If you're at a plateau why would you take a break?

Yes, you need a recovery day but a week and a half won't help you lose.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Your diet needs to be #1 priority, exercise #2.

1. Find out how many calories you are burning in a 24 hour period.
    2. Eat at a 500-1000 calorie deficit, or roughly 20% deficit.
    3. Eat 2-4 servings of fruits, 4-6 servings of veggies.
    4. Drink plenty of water throughout your day to make sure you release excess water weight.
    5. Get 6-8 hours of sleep every night.
    6. Don't overdo it in the gym. 3 sessions of strength training with 2-3 sessions of cardio is enough.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Your diet needs to be #1 priority, exercise #2.

1. Find out how many calories you are burning in a 24 hour period.
    2. Eat at a 500-1000 calorie deficit, or roughly 20% deficit.
    3. Eat 2-4 servings of fruits, 4-6 servings of veggies.
    4. Drink plenty of water throughout your day to make sure you release excess water weight.
    5. Get 6-8 hours of sleep every night.
    6. Don't overdo it in the gym. 3 sessions of strength training with 2-3 sessions of cardio is enough.

I agree with all of this. I can't see your food diary because its not public, but the answer may be there....are you eating too many processed foods and grains....not enough lean protein....not enough healthy fat?

and the body does need rest. likewise, the routine you chose might not be ideal for fat loss. About 4 months ago, I began reading about high intensity interval training (HIIT). I tried it out. I can tell you that its made a huge difference in my body shape. Even though the changes in the scale are inconsistent, I know I'm burning fat and adding lean muscle every week. do HIIT 3x per week (not on consecutive days) for 20-30 minutes and see if you notice a change.
  • missyouhoo
    missyouhoo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Taking a week off from the gym I still do cardio workouts at home at the gym I was walking/sprinting 2+ miles a day & strength training
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Taking a week off from the gym I still do cardio workouts at home at the gym I was walking/sprinting 2+ miles a day & strength training

What is your diet like?
  • missyouhoo
    missyouhoo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Oat meal/ceral in the morning
    Lite yogurt/fruit/lean cusine or salad/animal cracker lunch (I love junk food so I will chalk up that 120cal)
    Dinner varies from cereal to soup to lean chicken breast and veggies
    snacks are usually cashews or once again animal craker or lite swiss micc (2 packets ar 50 cal)