Tough Love Speech..(Read if you can take it..WARNING)

Options
I was watching week 3 of the biggest loser just now, and it changed my view and attitude completely.

Here is what I told all my friends on facebook:

Losing weight is not just about looking all hot and skinny, but its about loving yourself and living to see another day. So get up, and DO something about it! How much do you want to live? How much do you want to see your kids grow up..It's time to stop sitting around, eating yourself to death, and work on healthier choices! Start small, work your way up..you can delete me, but its tough love because I CARE!

Just in case you need that extra boost of motivation/confidence. :bigsmile:

Replies

• JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Love it!!!!
  • Cortez123
    Cortez123 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Love it and Amen!!! :wink:
  • jewelzz
    jewelzz Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    k
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    nice
  • kaybillie
    Options
    oooh ok ok!!!!!!!! lol
    that told us!!!!!!

thank you, your'e right

kaybillie
  • kaybillie
    Options
    oooh ok ok!!!!!!!! lol
    that told us!!!!!!

thank you, your'e right

kaybillie
  • M77308
    M77308 Posts: 183
    Options
    Great reminder! Everyone needs these little bits of motivation!! :)
  • bariachic
    bariachic Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Amen!!!
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    great reminder
  • lordsangel
    Options
    Thats so true! I was watching the Biggest Loser also and I love the show. I've never been overweight but thats b/c I won't let myself ge that way. I have four amazing children who need a good influence and a healthy lifestyle. It's time for these young kids to get off their butts and get out and move!
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Love... I'd add

If losing weight and being healthy is important to you, you need to work at it and work HARD. It isn't easy! If you are going to quit the first time you don't see results on the scale, then don't even start. This is a lifelong change. Doing it means NEVER eating a whole pack of Oreos in one sitting again! Don't say you want to lose weight and be healthy in between bites of a Twinkie!
  • alexa_image
    alexa_image Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Love it!!!!
  • faithhopelove42
    Options
    I needed it---thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I'll tell you, I do still eat some of my favorites in moderation, but i don't eat large amounts like I used too..once in a while, I'll still have binge urges but i do everything in my power not to give in..I found myself eating myself through a pack of gum at times to keep my hands busy..and of course some exercise along the way..:smile:
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is not just about looking all hot and skinny, but its about loving yourself and living to see another day.

Yep. Nothing worked for me until I got my head in the right place.
  • angeleyes4643
    angeleyes4643 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I was watching week 3 of the biggest loser just now, and it changed my view and attitude completely.

Here is what I told all my friends on facebook:

Losing weight is not just about looking all hot and skinny, but its about loving yourself and living to see another day. So get up, and DO something about it! How much do you want to live? How much do you want to see your kids grow up..It's time to stop sitting around, eating yourself to death, and work on healthier choices! Start small, work your way up..you can delete me, but its tough love because I CARE!

Just in case you need that extra boost of motivation/confidence. :bigsmile:
    Love... I'd add

If losing weight and being healthy is important to you, you need to work at it and work HARD. It isn't easy! If you are going to quit the first time you don't see results on the scale, then don't even start. This is a lifelong change. Doing it means NEVER eating a whole pack of Oreos in one sitting again! Don't say you want to lose weight and be healthy in between bites of a Twinkie!

I so agree. It is definately a lifelong change and a total change of mindset. It's about wanting to live not exist and wanting to actually participate in life not live your life around food.
  • tpt42087
    tpt42087 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    SoTrue! Love this!!! :happy:
  • Kassielin13
    Options
    I love it! And I must add that I am going to borrow it for my FB friends, Lord knows they need it!
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    WELL SAID!
  • Alpwmom
    Options
    LOVE THIS! When I start to get down and consider giving up, or saying that I'm going to take it easy, I ask myself "If not now, when?"