Sensitive Stomach

Options
I have had a super sensitive stomach since I was a child. I've been to the doctors numerous times and they are heading towards a diagnoses of Crones. But, they want to rule everything out first. My question is, If any of you have a similer situation, what do you eat that is healthy? I can no longer have nuts, anything with skin, seeds etc. Thanks!

Replies

• Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Have your doctor test you to see if you are allergic to anything that has soy, caffine (sp?), or glueten in products.
  • cinder701
    Options
    I have IBS ( Irritable bowel syndrome). And I to experience alot of stomach upset depending on what I eat. Have you been checked for IBS?
  • jewelzz
    jewelzz Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I cant have that stuff either,and i dont miss it.I do more protein stuff and bland foods that wont irritate me
  • jonesz922
    jonesz922 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have a really bad case of Candida. I have to stay away from sugar, yeast, dairy, & take anti yeast meds. It causes really bad stomach distention for me. Took FOREVER to find out what it was. It may not be the answer you are looking for, but I keep the 100 calorie lactose free premade protein drinks on me at all times. Sometimes the veggies just get boring, and fruits have a lot of sugar.
  • fraser32
    Options
    I've been checked for everything under the sun ( or so it seems) I've been tested for IBS, Diverticulitis & Celiac. I had to have a colonoscopy a few months ago and that is where they said maybe Crones but they weren't 100% sure. I've always had to watch what I eat but it has got to the point where, I have to watch everything that I eat. I sometimes won't eat if I know that I have to go somewhere & I know not eating isn't good either. I really do enjoy eating healthy, but, like I said I have to cut out so much that I feel like I eat the same few things. I see everyone is like eat almonds, I can't. Lot's of fresh fruit. Unless it's seedless or skinless I can't. The only vegtable I can have is green beans. So, thats why I'm wondering if there might be something else I can add into my diet that I am just not aware of.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I've been checked for everything under the sun ( or so it seems) I've been tested for IBS, Diverticulitis & Celiac. I had to have a colonoscopy a few months ago and that is where they said maybe Crones but they weren't 100% sure. I've always had to watch what I eat but it has got to the point where, I have to watch everything that I eat. I sometimes won't eat if I know that I have to go somewhere & I know not eating isn't good either. I really do enjoy eating healthy, but, like I said I have to cut out so much that I feel like I eat the same few things. I see everyone is like eat almonds, I can't. Lot's of fresh fruit. Unless it's seedless or skinless I can't. The only vegtable I can have is green beans. So, thats why I'm wondering if there might be something else I can add into my diet that I am just not aware of.

Have you consulted with a nutritionist? Even if the doctors come back and say "you might have Crohn's, but we arent sure", treat yourself as having Crohn's and follow that regimen... I worked for a Gastroenterologist team where patients who came up as 'you might' but could not declare a full blown diagnosis, have often told them to follow up with a Nutritionist for Crohn's dietary instruction.... no reason to keep aggravating it to the point of DEFINITELY being declared a full blown Crohn's, right?