Weight watchers question

Options
Does anyone else have a hard time eating all their weight watchers points or am i the only one?

Replies

• cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    When I was on WW I had a hard time eating my points. The highest I got was 23 and I was full too!!
  • jenhenning219
    jenhenning219 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    i am supposed to eat 36 a day and i find it hard to eat all of them
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I was on WW and was doing fine with 19 points on the older Points system. I lost the 17 I'm trying to lose now. :)

Then they changed the program, gave me more points, told me fruits and veggies were free, and I ended up gaining weight.

Then I came here. :)
  • AoifC
    AoifC Posts: 12
    Options
    Ditto to the above.

I also had 36 points to eat and only ever got to 24. Did it for 8 weeks and didnt lose a pound. Didnt gain a pound either though to be fair but left as it was very disheartening. Felt the leader was always telling me to eat more and in the end i wanted to eat more of the bad stuff to use the points.

I left and reverted back to the old system recently and seem to be doing ok- lost 2 pounds this week and i can wholeheartedly say its down to the ZERO POINTS SOUP!!!!

:)
  • pitapocket
    pitapocket Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I was on WW and was doing fine with 19 points on the older Points system. I lost the 17 I'm trying to lose now. :)

Then they changed the program, gave me more points, told me fruits and veggies were free, and I ended up gaining weight.

I gained on the points plus program also, I went back to the old Momentum Program which worked for me and got me to my goal weight and lifetime membership status. I chart my food choices here and then convert them to the points.
  • jenhenning219
    Options
    i lost 5 lbs but then gained it back with tom bloating but i am eating healthy lots of fruits and veggies and some what healthy meals
    i eat the serving sizes of things and that helps me a lot !
  • jec228
    jec228 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I lost weight on the old system steadily for 6 months, once they changed it i maintained/gained as well...
  • alaskan_blue
    Options

This was the reason I quit weight watchers. Granted, I didn't have the exact same experience as you, but I had lost a lot of weight at one point just counting calories. I liked the pts system idea but when I started to notice that a lot of what I was eating was "free" but wound up being 300-500 calories that essentially "didn't count" I had to call bulls*it on the program and came here.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    I started WW with the new points plus system in January. My point target was 49 points. I found it somewhat difficult to hit 40 points most days since i love fruits and veggies....so after about 10 days, I had a good idea about what I could eat and stopped logging food on WW. I mostly followed the WW principles for 3 months (other than eating all of my points), did almost no exercise, and lost about 22 pounds during that time. after that, it was time to kick it up a notch as far as exercise....and I have since focused only on eating healthy rather than counting points. for whatever reason, I continue to pay the monthly on-line WW fee and input my weight each week (I have a different official weigh-in day on the two sites). maybe I will come to my senses soon and stop paying WW.
  • jenhenning219
    Options
    i dont pay for the ww i have an app on my phone that does the same thing as weight watchers
  • stacymariegurl
    Options
    I do sometimes. But then I started incorporating full servings of whole grains and that helped me a lot. OR if I really get into a pinch I record some of my fruit and veggies too because although they are 0 pts, in truth, they really do have calories too. They are only 0 to motivate everyone to eat more of them anyways.
  • mommyffrog
    mommyffrog Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I, too, found that the PP system with WW was not working for me. I successfully lost on the old system and then got stuck in the mud! I joined this site last week...stopped paying for WW...and am loving the sense of community that I was never able to attain at WW!!! It's the sense of community, along with tracking everything I consume, that will help me in the end!!! :glasses:
  • pitapocket
    pitapocket Posts: 287 Member
    Options

I gained on the points plus program also, I went back to the old Momentum Program which worked for me and got me to my goal weight and lifetime membership status. I chart my food choices here and then convert them to the points.

After being on program 100% this week, I'm down 3 pounds from my last month's weigh in, I love the old Momentum Program.
  • jaxson1974
    Options
    I stopped counting points too, PP was just not working for me at all. I still go every week to weigh in, partially for the accountability, but also for the social aspect, as we have a great group and have a lot of fun. That, and the leader is FANTASTIC.
    I bet they will be surprised when I start losing steadily again, thanks to this site.