"H20" Seventy Days til Halloween - Week 7 & 8

Options
"H20" 70 Days Til Halloween Challenge
"Let the pounds 'fall' off"

Welcome, to those who haven't joined the group yet, you are more than welcomed to join in at anytime. You are ALWAYS welcomed. Introduce yourself and join in, its never too late. We always try to keep some kind of a challenge going on for everyone. The only think that I ask, is that we have not fighting going on in the forum. Other than that, jump in and enjoy!

-Sorry it took me soo long to get it up this time around. Ive been crazy busy lately. So many events going on in my life. And I had it all set yesterday and sent it to be posted and something happened it was gone.. :(

inspiration_quotes_graphics_01.gif

Sometimes we forget that the richest journey, is making it through the toughest times in life. If we choose the easy way out, we may never succeed. I've learned, when life gets tough, you have to show who is toughest, you or you the tough times. It is ok, to feel weakened temporarily, but don't let the weakness destroy the success that you have worked soo hard to accomplish. Weakness is a sign of being strong for so long, and sometimes you have to give the strength a small break. Reach for most rewarding goal, keep going until you find the richest journey. Once you hit it, don't stop, keep on going. :heart:

bathroom-scale.jpg

Don't forget to weigh in!

How many miles have you walked/ran of the 150? Are you struggling? What can we do to help motivate you?

How many Crunches & Lunges have you done out of the 1000? Do you need some extra inspiration?

challenge.jpg

Challenges for Week 7 & 8

Challenge 1: Stay in the green across the board, in you food diary. & Drink atleast your 8 glasses of water, if you always drink 8 up it by 1 or 2 extra glasses. (Do this atleast 5 days in the next 2 weeks)

Challenge 2: Give yourself one day of relaxation. During your relaxation, do whatever you like to do in your past time. Its your small reward for working soo hard.

Challenge 3: (This is a test to see how this works for everyone) Do 15 jumping jacks, 15 crunches, 15 squats, 15 push ups, and 15 Lunges (do this as a circuit type training.) I want you do do this 3 times around. Do it 5 times in the next 2 weeks. (let me know how you do with this)

As always: remember your daily 3 positive things. You may list them if you'd like.

Quote of the Week:
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ74Q5xRvXPw-faJPL5KyJdg61-YB4VyGsPcu10glsnaY1VRE2F

Sometimes, we forget that we are here to live our lives. Instead of weighing it down, with negativity, burdens, and such.. Set it free, live life as freely as you can.. Youd be amazed how much better it makes your feel.

I hope everyone did well with the last set of challenges!! And I hope youre weekend went well. Anyone do anything interesting? Any new news out there? I hope you all enjoy these set of challenges.. I will have our last Set of Challenges up October 17th!! Start thinking of what you want to name the next challenge.. :) Do we want to go to Thanksgiving or just make it a HUGE Challenge and go until Christmas.. Share your thoughts and ideas! Until then, Enjoy & burn some calories! - April Val

Dont for get to add your weight, Miles, Crunches, and Lunges.. http://bit.ly/r6OV9n

Replies

• sassymedic1426
    sassymedic1426 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I would like to join.
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I would like to join.

Feel free to join in.. WE have a couple 3 1/2 weeks left of this challenge.. but youre more than welcome to join.. A new challenge will start right after or shortly after this one ends.. :) Tell us a little bit about you with your weight.. and join on in!! :)
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Thanks April for keeping up with the challenge with your busy schedule! I really appreciate it! :flowerforyou:

BTW....love the challenges :bigsmile:
  • cazzincali
    cazzincali Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    bumping for later
  • 321blueeyes
    321blueeyes Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Thanks April!

Keeping my stats updated in the spreadsheet. I've been slowed a bit by this pesky cold, but finally able to get out for a short run last night & looking forward to my upcoming Half. Countdown 18 days!
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    bump
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My running is still going great, can't wait to get in 5 speedwork miles tomorrow because the weather is supposed to be spectacular!!! I love this time of year! My son's football game was glorious today and I was even able to wear short sleeves and not get chilled!!!!! Plus, they won, which is always awesome!!!

Ok, will be weighing in tomorrow morning, so I'll check back then... hasta manana!!!!
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    Bump for tomorrow
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    As usual, I'm driving-by with the opening of this new thread.

I wish I was more caught up with what everyone has going on, and I wish I could say I was doing well with my exercising. I'm very tangled up with other things in life right now and spending time exercising/on MFP just hasn't been a priority. I have been maintaining/fluctuating within the same 2.5 pounds but that is about the only good news I have on the fitness front.
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Love this weeks circuit training challenges
    I have been really struggling with everything lately and this is one I can do in my small office or when I get home- of course the jumping jacks and I aren't friends- but I am getting better at them -still somewhat stuck on the jennifer jacks version (my legs do not seem to always jump at the same time, hence my version) and the push ups will have to be on my knees but will try to get in a couple of real push-ups as well
  • AprilVal
    Options
    Hello everyone.. I hope everyone's Thursday is going well.. :) That much closer to the weekend, for those who don't have to work.. That much closer to my Vacation!! :) whoop whoop!! Ill sit down and get caught up tonight or tomorrow morning.. Going to come home and get my house work completed after work tonight.. :) since Im off tomorrow.. hoping to fit in a nature walk tomorrow at my favorite place around here.. :) We'll see!!
  • Nikstergirl
    Options
    Glad to see you all... got in 5 miles this morning and was happy to see a loss on the scale as well!!!! I'm at the top of what I'm calling my "goal range" of 125-129, with this morning's weight of 129.2. I'm so happy!!!! I had to pull out some shorts because it decided to be summer again this week (I'm not complaining) and my size 6 jean shorts were falling off with my belt on the last hole, so I stopped into Old Navy and picked up a size 4 on clearance for $5.47 so I can wear them this weekend at the homecoming game for my alma mater... haven't gone in a few years but some friends are meeting up to tailgate and see the game, so I thought it sounded like fun! It's going to be an early morning, and I'll have to put off my long run until Sunday, but I think it will be worth it and I'll be doing a lot of walking (and eating/drinking) so I'll be fine! At this point if I gain a pound on a crazy weekend I'll just set my mind to it and lose it again (like last week) and not worry!!!!!

You guys are great... have a wonderful day!
  • AprilVal
    Options
    LoveMe445 - Your welcome! I'm glad you love the challenges.. :) I was hoping some would like them.. Hope you do well with them.
    cazzincali - Hey girl! Hope your doing well.. :)
    321blueeyes - Youre welcome. I hope you feel better soon, whatever the pesty cold is.. :) I too have been fighting a cold or allergies.. ugh.
    nursee67 - Hey lady! Hows it going!
    Nikster - Way to go.. :) you never cease to amaze me girl! You are definitely an inspiration!
    bmfrazie - Hope youre doing well..
    Pinky - A drive by is better than nothing.. We understand.. I too have been busy as can be.. Hope youre doing well atleast!
    Jeni- Im happy you like this weeks circuit training.. Im doing it as a test to see how people like it.. So hoping to get feed back.. :) Might start doing more circuit like exercises!!

I got my housework half way done. Ive been extremely busy lately. Last month, on my days off I had quite a few photo shoots. My brother in law got married a couple weeks ago, and before that went ot the bachlor party with my husband. Then so far this month, I have been busy with work. And catching up with my photography. Been doing some reasearching so hopefully next year I can start an indoor studio. Hoping to make it my career, in the near future.. i love it too much not to. I am sorry for my absents. Im planning on making this weekend, "catch up" weekend. Im off Wed to Wed for vacatoin. My 3 year wedding anniversary is coming up REALLY soon.. October 18th!! So well be doing a few day trips to a few places.. on the days I dont have photo shoots! Hope everyone keeps doing so well.. <3
  • Alegria79
    Alegria79 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I haven't really been on this board for the past two weeks because I've been sick with the cold everyone seems to have. I was finally getting better, and then I got a LOT worse. So one visit to the doctor later I'm armed with antibiotics for the unshakable sinus infection! I've been really careful with my eating for the past couple of weeks, but I haven't worked out or gone for a run in almost two weeks.

Normally it wouldn't matter, but I'm a bit worried because my first race is coming up in two weeks. I'm doing a 10k on Oct 23 and I'm hoping it goes well. I'm planning on going out running tomorrow morning with my running club (fingers crossed that it doesn't rain) and getting back into it.

Should I plan to take it a bit easier because I'm still recovering from my cold? Will the 2 week break have slowed me down? I don't want to push it too much but I'm competitive with myself. Anyone have any tips or experience with breaks in running?
  • 321blueeyes
    321blueeyes Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Should I plan to take it a bit easier because I'm still recovering from my cold? Will the 2 week break have slowed me down? I don't want to push it too much but I'm competitive with myself. Anyone have any tips or experience with breaks in running?

Alegria, as a fellow runner I think you should expect to slow a bit. How much really depends whether you are fully recovered from your cold. Assuming that you have been running for many months, it is likely you didn't really lose much fitness over the 2 weeks. However, it's always good to take the 1st week back a bit easier than usual - either shorter distances or slower pace (or both). You can work in some speed intervals and a final distance run next week.

If possible, use "perceived exertion" as your guide, rather than pace. Running a 10 min pace 3 weeks ago may have felt fine, but this weekend might feel like torture. As long as you run with the usual "exertion" you should be fine :bigsmile:

I've been sick with a cold too & my schedule calls for 12+ miles this weekend (my Half marathon on 10/23 as well) but I'm going to just start slow and see how I feel over the course of the run. Today is the first day I'm starting to feel better. I myself have only run once (2 miles slow) in the past 9 days. However, I have several years of consistent mileage training to fall back on :wink:
  • Nikstergirl
    Options
    I agree with blueeyes.... take it easy. You WILL finish the race, but you may not get the time you had originally been preparing for, and that's OK!!!! Don't stress yourself about time, just finishing after being sick for 2 weeks will be a huge accomplishment. If you wear a HRM, please go by that, not by pace for the first couple of runs. You'll get back on track very quickly, just don't push too hard too fast!!!

Got a big day tomorrow for the homecoming at WMU... I love football and can't wait to see friends and do silly things all day! Wish hubby were home to go with me, but since he's not, I'm going to just enjoy as much as I can!!!! See ya'll on Sunday!
  • Nikstergirl
    Options
    Such a fun day re-living some college memories!!!! Drank and ate too much, even played flippy cup before the game!!! Had gotten up early to run 5 miles so I wouldn't feel so guilty... glad I did!

Took it easy today and ended up taking the boys for ice cream, so I rode my bike for an hour... just can't go without anything and it was too nice to be in the gym! Last time this year it's likely to be this warm and sunny, so I took full advantage!

Hope you all had a great weekend.... and in case you didn't see my NSV for today.... I have kept an old pair of jeans from high school which at the time made me feel skinny.... tried them on today and they are too big now! Crazy, I'd never wear them anyway (can you say peg leg???) but not bad for an almost-40-year-old!!!!! Look out, world... this mama's on a roll!!!!
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    Wonderful for you Nicki!
  • khoran45
    khoran45 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    After a week of being sick and a week of vacation I'M BACK! Time to get caught up and get back into a routine and GET THAT EXERCISE IN!!!!
  • Alegria79
    Alegria79 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Well, after being off for two weeks, I ran this morning, and it was rough. I was back with my running partner (she was off for a week with a sore ankle), and we must have walked as much as we ran. We managed the first couple of miles ok, but then had to run/walk and then just walk because her ankle was bugging her. I was happy to be back at the running, and kept reminding myself that it was ok to go slow. And when her ankle hurt and we had to walk, it was ok. I could have kept running, which I felt good about. So I'll go a bit further on my next run and hopefully get back to my "regular" distance and pace by the race. And if not, I'll finish the race and feel good about it!

I'm still on antibiotics for a few more days, but my sinus infection is MUCH better and I'm almost feeling normal again. I've finally stopped sleeping for 10 or 11 hours every night too! It was so awesome to run the "usual" route and see the changes in a mere two weeks. All the leaves in the park are changing colour and it's so beautiful. I LOVE fall running!