New Kid

Options
Hello my name is Carolyn,

I have been trying for many years to lose weight and keep it off. I have a hard time with consistency. I start eating right and exercising, I do good for about 1 - 2 weeks, then start eating the thing I love the most - SWEETS! Help - any suggestions on how I can kick the habit? I lose then gain and the cycle starts over again.

Replies

• JLTamez
    JLTamez Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat here! We gotta stay focused, in the end it will be SO worth the effort.
  • LindsayT2012
    LindsayT2012 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    This website is a great place to start. It is very addicting. When I see others working out and eating right I do it as well because I don't wanna be the one who is doing bad and not losing weight. The motivation on here really helps and I think about everything before I eat it.
  • emmalouise21
    Options
    Hi there, i'm Emma, I am exactly the same as you, But trying to kick the habit, i find that putting all your food into here helps ALOT. I struggle at times but i know it will be worth it in the end. i snack on fruit, which often helps with my dreaded sweet tooth :)
  • Abbey70
    Abbey70 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I substituted my sweets for yogurt, frozen fruit which I call my ice cream...lol. Sometimes I freeze a cup of low fat yogurt so I have kind of an ice cream. Also if you get the sugar free puddings which I believe are only 60 calories and top it with a dollop of whip cream it may help and will be far less calories than some of that sugary stuff out there. Hope this helps.
  • cjbester
    cjbester Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement.
  • cjbester
    Options
    Thanks for that.
  • cjbester
    Options
    Thank you. It feels good to know that I am not alone.

I'm going to work harder.
  • cjbester
    Options
    I will give that a try.

Thanks!
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    You're not the only one in that boat, girl. The other day I was at work on my break and found myself with a dollar in my hand looking at the row of milky ways and snickers and twizzlers. I stared at them for about 5 minutes then snapped myself out of it and got a diet dr pepper. It felt so good going back to my desk knowing that I conquered that darn vending machine. Since then I almost run past the vending machine and stick with the food that I packed for the day. I also put all the food away in a drawer so I don't look at it and munch before its my scheduled time for a meal(I eat 4 regular meals. 8am 12:30pm, between 230 and 3pm and 530 no more no less). At the end of the day, I'm not hungry and I have the satisfaction that I've kept to my 1200-1300 calories. I guess what I'm trying to say is find someway to keep yourself away from the "bad" stuff and make sure you eat well all the time. It's hard but you CAN do it. You can friend me if you'd like. We all need support.
    Doug
  • cjbester
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. I'm not giving up. I keep trying until I get it right.