Do you count your fruit calories?

Options
My friend was telling me that the new Weight Watchers plan allows you to have as much fruit as you want without counting the points. Do you guys count your fruit and raw veggies?

Replies

• LisaMarieee
    LisaMarieee Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Yes, when I was counting calories I would always include them. They can be high in calories (ex: bananas are around 80-115, mangoes can be 130-300+ depending on the size).
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I alwayssss count them!
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I count apples and bananas, which is what I mostly eat when it comes to fruit. Usually if I have a few grapes, I don't worry about those.
  • LittleFootHafner
    Options
    Definitely count them! If you are a fruit nut like I am, you would be very surprised how many calories fruit can add up to!!
    Think of it this way - if you have eaten all of your daily calories, ANY calories above that would be bad (doesn't matter if they come from salad, chips, chocolate or fruit...)
  • Naughtybiscuit
    Naughtybiscuit Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I count everything. My body isn't going to not count them - it's going to treat a calorie as a calorie.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I always count them. Theres much debate on why WW would allow endless fruit. They have a lot more calories than vegetables do
  • tattooedtwiin
    Options
    I'm not trying to be a smarta** here, but I'm a vegetarian, if I didn't count fruits and veggies, I'd be calorie free..:-) So, in answer to your question, Yes, I count everything down to the last tic tac.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Why wouldn't you count them?

Unless you're only allowed to smell or lick the fruit if you're on WW, it doesn't make any sense to NOT include them in your points/calories for the day.
  • ConnieSG
    ConnieSG Posts: 376
    Options
    I always count my fruit and veggies. They are high in sugar so I am always over on my sugar count, but that type of sugar is good for you
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Why wouldn't you? That would be like asking if anyone [dis]counts protein/carb/fat calories.
  • cdelay2
    cdelay2 Posts: 10
    Options
    Yes, include your fruit calories.
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    YES! A calorie is a calorie!
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    If you eat 50 bananas a day, you'll get fat...you have to account for EVERYTHING you eat, no matter how healthy it is.
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I always count everything.
  • kmcrey87
    kmcrey87 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I count everything. Fruit can be surprising high in calories!
  • richiefixo
    richiefixo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    YES!!! you have to count them! veggies contribute a very small amount except if you are like me and your main meals revolve around a vegetable....Fruits on the other hand should always be counted! they are mostly high in CARBS AND SUGARS which if consumed in excess will be detrimental to your weight loss. a simple banana is a 100 calories and these calories add up fast!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Always!!
  • vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I count all my fruit calories. My veggie calories are more difficult to count but I do my best :blushing:
  • tpt42087
    tpt42087 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I count everything that I put in my mouth! Even if it's just a bite of something I count it! Just because something is healthy doesnt mean you dont count the calories
  • sheffyce27
    Options
    I'm not trying to be a smarta** here, but I'm a vegetarian, if I didn't count fruits and veggies, I'd be calorie free..:-) So, in answer to your question, Yes, I count everything down to the last tic tac.

same here!!!