Hi Everyone, I am new!

Options
Just wanted to check in with you all. I am new to this trying to get myself in shape for my daughter's wedding in April. I have not liked how I have looked in pictures over the past few years so I am trying to do something about it. I am getting pretty good with the diet part, but I suck at the exercise part. Just like everyone, I work, come home cook, do housework etc and find it easy to skip the exercising...but the pictures are a good goal!

Replies

• cutemixedgirl
    Options
    Hi & Thank you for sharing your Story...... Good Luck on your Goal!! & Congrats!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Welcome.
    You are a scientist so you won't do anything stupid and unsustainable.
    Good luck.
  • lovetoshop1
    Options
    Hi -

I was new yesterday (so, I guess that makes me not new today) - anyway, welcome and let's do this! I too, have witnessed my pictures and always go...ugh! A wedding is great motivation, lots of pictures that you will look great in! Glad to see others working toward the same goal - you go girl!
  • Alka97
    Alka97 Posts: 74
    Options
    heey, good luck with ur goal, if u want u can add me :D
  • sarahoakden
    Options
    hi ive not long ago join this site and im same bout hate my pictures lol now kids r at school well my boy only goes 2 half days so joined gym and this and finaly started to loose weight hope u do 2 :)
  • 19kat55
    19kat55 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Don't lose weight to look good in a picture. What happens after the wedding and the pictures are over? Lose weight because you want to be healthier, live longer, and enjoy crawling around on the floor with your grandchildren someday.
  • mynika
    mynika Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    So glad that you are here. Be sure and let me know if you have any questions. You are going to love MFP. :flowerforyou:
    Be sure and add me as a friend if you would like. :drinker:
  • SweetChilly
    SweetChilly Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Any little bit of exercise helps... such as, parking farther away fromthe grocery store rather than the closest spot.. taking stairs instead of elevators... Heck, even walking around your house or lot or block a bit helps... Don't need a gym membership to exercise! I hope you reach your goals and I'm sure you would look great at the wedding.. post pictures! :)
  • TamJohn2011
    TamJohn2011 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I think an upcoming wedding is a good goal. Those wedding pictures will be around forever and you want to look good in them. I feel the same way. I have learned recently that you don't have to get on a treadmill to exercise. Just get up and move ...and then keep moving. :) I've learned to enjoy walking at the park again with my friends and family. Good luck!
  • moorejsm
    Options
    Don't worry...the wedding is the immediate motivation but the grandkids (hey, I want to live to see them for sure!) are long term motivation...that and the desire to actually make it to retirement someday and have the health and energy to have fun!
  • domdraper
    Options
    Welcome!
  • moorejsm
    Options
    Good idea...I think I will park on the top floor of my garage and walk up and down...that should help!