Getting Started/Have questions!

Options
Can anyone give me tips as to how to slowly start working out at home? My body feels stiff so when I start to do it I then get so lazy and dont want to keep going.
What good ideas do you have??

Robin

Replies

• RobinJamie
    Options
    Can anyone give me tips as to how to slowly start working out at home? My body feels stiff so when I start to do it I then get so lazy and dont want to keep going.

Robin
  • shababy
    shababy Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Congrats for starting the process! I would suggest getting a good workout video and a stabilty ball. The workout video should keep you motivated and you can use the stability ball to mix it up. Good luck!
  • amy49
    amy49 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello Robin, I use Leslie Sansome walking tape. She is so motivating. I also have a goal to work for. You might try that. Good luck.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

Robin
    walking is the best medicine....walk away the pounds dvd's is how i started
  • amy49
    amy49 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    That is the one I do, Walk away the pounds and I love it
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I like walking. Once I get outside & down the street, it isn't so easy to stop & quit.
    Keep it up & you'll feel better after each time.
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I lost 100 pounds working out at home. I started with resistance bands instead of dumbells. And I would climb our stairs for cardio. When I started I could only go up and down 7 times (and CRAWLED the final 2 sets because I thought, "If I'm moving, I'm burning calories.") In a few months I could easily do 75-100 sets of stairs. I also walked outside and eventually began running.

As the resistance bands got too easy I moved to dumbells, crunches, yoga and exercise routines I found in fitness magazines. I tried to put in 20 minutes of strength training in the morning and 20 more at night (I'd do arms in the morning, hips at night one day - then legs in the morning and abs at night the next day.) I also got in 15 - 20 minutes of cardio (walking/running or stair climbing) twice a day. I did this because I knew if I was staring down an hour of exercise, I'd never get started! Breaking it into 30-40 minute pieces helped a lot.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,987 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: buy some colorful hand weights----start small----put them where you can see them (mine are on a fleece scarf on my dinner table where I can see them.:bigsmile: It's hard to forget to use them when they're right in front of me.:laugh:

good luck:bigsmile: