Help i've plateaued.....very early on indeed!!!

Options
hello peeps....been on this nearly 4 weeks with only 2 days of a blip with wine (but healthy snacks!) so could've been worse but just don't seem to be seeing the results I thought I would be, or indeed everyone else seems to be.
I'm getting really frustrated but not going to give up ... just need to work out what I'm doing wrong.
Help!!! befriend me and have a look for yourselves - thanks :)

11119348.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• nicki2135
    Options
    Hi Hun this seemed to be happening to me to but i do seem to have made more progress this week so fingers crossed. for me I have changed to eating breakfast everyday but other than that I haven't changed anything so I think maybe it has just taken 4 weeks for my body to catch up.
    It might just be a case of perservering even tho its so hard when your not seeing the results that everyone else seems to be seeing particulalry when you know your putting the work in. But take heart from me, this is my week 5 and I finally feel that I am begining to see results.
    If it helps you to know then I lost 2lb a week in week one and two and then STS week 3 and lost 0.5lb week 4 and then lost 1.5 again this week.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    I went 6 weeks before I started to see results. I think it had to do with my body's metabolism restarting or something...course it could have been the chocolate too.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    hello peeps....been on this nearly 4 weeks with only 2 days of a blip with wine (but healthy snacks!) so could've been worse but just don't seem to be seeing the results I thought I would be, or indeed everyone else seems to be.
    I'm getting really frustrated but not going to give up ... just need to work out what I'm doing wrong.
    Help!!! befriend me and have a look for yourselves - thanks :)

11119348.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
    Plateau? It takes 6 weeks of consistent calorie deficit and no movement of weight to plateau. You are in a stall. Do you exercise? What is your calorie deficit?
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    You probably need to adjust your foods or workouts or both. There can generally aways be an ajust made to kick things back into gear.
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Its really hard to give advice because we do not know what you're eating and how much. Also do you exercise if so how much and how often. How much weight are you wanting to lose?
  • Halothane
    Halothane Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Not a plateau! Are you eating your daily calorie goal are are you falling short? If you're not exercising get out there and get moving!
  • Davorla
    Davorla Posts: 26
    Options
    thanks for the replies.
    Normally I fall short but not by much - usually around 100/200 max. Today i'm 9 over, but yes am exercising, walking up the stairs everyday (I live on the 8th floor) - commute to work so loads of walking in between train etc. and do lots of xbox kinnect games. My fella is doing it too and he's lost 11lbs ... am so jealous! Oh well ... it should start happening for me soon - maybe my body just needs to adapt to the changes. No cider, no chocolate or crisps.....but focusing on Christmas and buying a new wardrobe in the sales! PS I eat breakfast always and drink lots of water.
  • sarahsedai
    sarahsedai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Have you been tracking your measurements in addition to the scale? I had my one month assessment yesterday, and while my numbers on the scale didn't alter as much as I had hoped, I had lost 10 inches off my body! You will constantly hear people say, 'don't rely on the scale', but I didn't really understand it 'til I saw it for myself. Remind yourself how these changes are helping you in other ways, like energy level, quality of sleep, etc. There might be ways to improve your loss, such as staying one step ahead of you body physically, and making it really work, but don't forget that no matter what you see on the scale, you're doing something for the better.
  • megmariew1
    Options
    It took me a good month before I lost a single pound. I just kept up with what I was doing and one week I lost 5lb and have consistently lost at least 1lb a week since then. Just keep at it and don't give up!