Belly Fat

Options
I am finding it difficult to get rid of belly fat and inner thigh fat, any ideas?:explode:

Replies

• AliDarling
    Options
    oblique crunches, squats, and lunges.
  • shanjen27
    shanjen27 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem & find that when I cut back on my sugar I see a signifigant reduction in my belly & thighs. I'm a sugar addict (seriously) and it's really tough for me to eliminate sugar from my diet, but when I truly watch it I can't believe the results. It's literally as if the jiggle melts right off day by day. I hope this helps & I should take my own advice :-)
  • stardust72
    Options
    Me too! Thats were i've got stubborn bits that refuse to go lol
  • MissMollieK
    MissMollieK Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I have heard a lot that stress is a huge factor with belly fat! I would suggest to eliminate any if possible. Keep active- it seems to be the last place my body likes to drop the pounds or at least is noticable:)
  • madlerhome
    madlerhome Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    if you aredrinking diet soda, could be contributing to belly fat
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Caloric deficit is the only thing that will help as you cannot spot reduce
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options

You can do these until the cow's come home. It won't help unless you eat right, drink lots of water, cut out man made junk and eat healthy.

Check out this article http://foxborofitclub.com/nutrition/belly-fat/
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint Posts: 358 Member
    Options

This ^^ is the truth, and praise Jesus hallelujah.

Think kitchen, not Gym.
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately we cant just do a million of one exercise to reduce fat in trouble spots. Consistency and a good diet is key. I've been at this for such a very long time and slowly but surely my trouble areas inner thighs, stomach, and hips are getting toned.
  • hyenagirl
    hyenagirl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    You can tone up the muscle under the fat, but to lose it, you can not target it, you lose fat where ever your body wants to. Usually where you gain weight first is the last to be lost. Belly fat is what I'll lose last. I still have it. Just gotta keep losing and eventually it will go down (and that's where toning up really comes into play).
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    abs are made in the kitchen!! 80% of them is how you eat, 20% of it is how you work out. STOP immeadiately with the alcohol, soda, white carbs, sugary cereals, and any kinds of sweets for that matter. revv up your protein, do oblique crunches with WEIGHTS and RUN A LOT! do this at least 5 times a week and you will see results!
  • skinnylove00
    Options
    abs are made in the kitchen!! 80% of them is how you eat, 20% of it is how you work out. STOP immeadiately with the alcohol, soda, white carbs, sugary cereals, and any kinds of sweets for that matter. revv up your protein, do oblique crunches with WEIGHTS and RUN A LOT! do this at least 5 times a week and you will see results!
  • Rachel_Leigh84
    Options
    Some really good tips here, I have the same problem too, lower belly and love handles. I am the same shape as a spinning top haha!
  • skinnylove00
    Options
  • alleyag
    alleyag Posts: 142
    Options

You can eat all those things never run or workout your abs and still lose fat and see your abs. It's what a previous poster acg stated. Caloric deficit. That's it.
  • AliDarling
    Options

You can do these until the cow's come home. It won't help unless you eat right, drink lots of water, cut out man made junk and eat healthy.

Check out this article http://foxborofitclub.com/nutrition/belly-fat/

well, if you eat right, drink water and stop eating junk, thats the healty way to lose weight, thats how i lost 24 lbs and 40 inches
  • dietpop
    dietpop Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I lost my belly fat and now don't like the loose skin I see. No one is ever happy! :wink:
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I have far more than I would like, but I don't want to lose any more weight. Interesting about stress. I am going to try more sleep, but I don't know how to cut down on stress without selling the children on ebay.
  • MissMollieK
    MissMollieK Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I have far more than I would like, but I don't want to lose any more weight. Interesting about stress. I am going to try more sleep, but I don't know how to cut down on stress without selling the children on ebay.
    I only recall hearing that stress increases a hormone in your body called cortisol which is something that can increase belly fat. Different health shows have mentioned it- I believe I saw it on Good Morning America-Health. Great show by the way.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options

This ^^ is the truth,.

Think kitchen, not Gym.

this is true, and you certainly should put the focus on the kitchen.....but, I would change up your exercise routine and try sprint interval HIIT. if you put your all into the work intervals and rest sufficiently during the rest intervals, you will probably start noticing a difference soon. here are sprint intervals that I do (3x a week and never on consecutive days)...

1. jog for 45-60 seconds, sprint for 10-15 seconds, repeat for up to 20 intervals.

2. sprint for 10-20 seconds, walk back, repeat for up to 20 intervals.

3. sprint for 10-20 seconds, immediately do a bodyweight exercise, rest so your heart rate drops, repeat with a different bodyweight exercise for 6-12 intervals.

4. shuttle sprint (a/k/a suicide drill) immediately followed by a circuit of 4 bodyweight exercises, rest so your hear rate drops, repeat for 3 additional intervals with different groups of bodyweight exercises.