Figured I should stop lurking and say hi!

Options
Hello all :) I've been reading everyone's posts for a few weeks and I suppose I should introduce myself. I browse around here and weight-loss blogs on Tumblr in the evenings when I feel a craving coming on - so far it's working!

I'm a 23 year old recent college graduate, currently saving up for my Masters in England :) I had been seriously overweight all my life (along with my Mom) due to a lot of reasons, and we both decided one day when I was 20 to go in on the 6 Week Body Makeover system together. I ended up going from 210 to 135, and she also lost 60+ lbs in about a year. Life happened (including the holidays, school stress, breakup, travel) and before I knew it I was back up to 164 :/ I've lost some since then, and the past week I've been doing the 30DS with two other friends and I'm feeling great and seeing results!

I did it once, and I know I can do it again. I've started to get a handle on how I think of food again, and my motivation has slowly but surely returned. One of my friends is getting married in 3 weeks and I want to look as good as possible by then, so that's my current goal. I'm excited to stick to it and watch everyone else succeed too!

- Amanda

Replies

• ChristieisReady
    ChristieisReady Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • wendymcarey
    Options
    Good luck - I have been slacking some and gained weight again, but I decided that I would get back into it. Take care.:smile:
  • ryanfeltz
    ryanfeltz Posts: 126
    Options
    Welcome.... I too lurked for a long time.... strange thing though, I am doing better by posting and having friends than i did trying to do it on my own

Feel free to add me if you like.
  • rockinjess
    Options
    Wow to do you masters in England! You do know the weather sucks here right? And the food well I wouldn't like to comment (actually its not that bad although I wouldn't advise the winkles!) Good luck with the wedding in three weeks I've got one coming up I will have to dig out the invitation because I forgotten when it is so I'll have to get my groove on and loose some more. Please feel free to add me as a friend if you want more britishness lessons lol x
  • bombshellintraining18
    Options
    welcome!!!
  • verqu
    verqu Posts: 5
    Options
    Hello! :) best of wishes to you!
    I also lost 40lbs and gained 30 of it back.
    Its very hard but that is why we need support!
    Congratulations on your engagement!
    I hope you meet your goal!!

Feel free to add me as well if you like. :)
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Welcome..... glad your no longer lurking from the shadows! lol

good luck with your Masters!
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Well HELLO THERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NICE TO SEE YOU :)
  • ElvaM
    ElvaM Posts: 4
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck on reaching your goal! Glad to hear I was not the only one lurking in the shadows...LOL!
  • metisnyx
    metisnyx Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! :) I appreciate it.
  • Binty147
    Binty147 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hello.

My name is Elaine and hope to use this site to lose lots of weight. I will read some posts to give me inspiration and get back to you all!