Canned Soup

Options
I FINALLY have colder weather! Time for soup for lunches! What are some good canned soup recommendations?

Replies

• zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Amy's Spanish red bean and rice. 280 calories for the whole can and very yummy. And black bean soup, and curried lentils, and chili...
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    :-( wish I did but I have to make mine from scratch so that there is less sodium

Even the low sodium canned are pretty high
  • JLee1892
    JLee1892 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Just stocked up on progresso :-) They have so many options that are low calorie and you get alot in the can!
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I like almost anything, sometimes I throw an eggy in there too! Ssshhh!
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Throw away the can and make your own. Real simple and fantastic recipes for a crock pot. I can make chicken noodle soup for 15 people on a Sunday. I have made chili, chicken noodle soup, lentil soup, chicken and rice soups, beef and noodle, etc. No preservatives
  • Mlehew
    Mlehew Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    That sounds great, can you post some of those recipes? I'm just learning to cook a little bit.
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    There are none. Making homemade soup is so simple, check out a few recipes and make from scratch. One pot will last you the week and you can make it for basically pennies compared to what sodium laden canned soups cost.
  • elemstuck
    Options
    I have been eating a can of Cambells Chunky soup every day since Feb. I find them pretty filling and low calorie so that I still have plenty of calories to eat a great tasting dinner. I am a big fan of the basic chicken noodle and the fajita chicken with rice and beans.
  • marzahl68
    marzahl68 Posts: 201
    Options
    Progresso! Big variety, low cal.
  • kashmirkat
    kashmirkat Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Nothing against canned soup, I do buy some (usually Progresso when it's on sale for those crazy days I need something to just grab and heat), but I agree on making your own too - I love to make a huge batch (currently eating chicken tortilla soup made with leftover roasted chicken I roasted Saturday - made the soup Monday and got 14 servings from it - even made the stock on Sunday...) Tonight I'm making chicken soup with barley and lentils :) We also make butternut squash soup in the Fall a lot :) My hubby makes a lightened up seafood bisque I love too - get creative and make some soup :)
    I LOVE soup! :love: