NSV-Food Lust!

Options
Beastette
Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
I saw a woman on a TV show Monday night eating a hot, thick, juicy, messy quesadilla. I wanted it for my own. I wanted to beat her down for it. It was way too late to get cooking, and then Tuesday was just mass chaos, but every time I had a moment...I thought about that quesadilla.

Finally, today I broke out the whole wheat tortillas, tuna, reduced fat mozzarella, tomatoes, peppers, a SINGLE bit of artichoke heart...and melted it to golden crisp perfection. I wanted to be alone with that quesadilla, so I fed my kids first and sent them off to play. Finally, me and that quesadilla were gonna do it!

And I could only eat half. I just can't perform the way I used to. Took me a good hour to recognize this as a victory.

Is there a food whose memory now seems to be better than the actual taste? Your go-to indulgence that just doesn't DO it for you anymore?

Replies

• New_Hope
    Options
    Peanut butter. It use to be a HUGE binge trigger for me, to the point we had to stop keeping it in the house. Now I make my husband peanut butter & honey sandwiches, without thinking twice. Every once in a while, I'll really crave peanut butter so I'll have a tablespoon of it on bread, but it really isn't as amazing as I remember it being.
  • sreimer07
    sreimer07 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    lol oh my gosh this made me giggle! It sounds delicious! Congrats on only being able to eat half :)
  • comeback0903
    comeback0903 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    a Colombian Hamburger it has everything I mean everything! Its delicious and on my off day last month I went bought one and only ate 1/2 my brain wanted more but my belly was too full... I didnt enjoy it as much as I thought I was....
  • barwwd
    barwwd Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    We moved from Missouri to the east coast several years ago and left the great institute of Steak N' Shake behind. Well, this summer we went back to Missouri to visit family and we stopped at SNS. I got my favorite, the Frisco Melt. Think buttery toast, two thin burger patties, some kind of thousand island dressing, but better, and lots of cheese! ... And all I tasted was grease and butter. It was disgusting. My mouth felt like it was coated. Awful. So disappointing. But, it is good to know our bodies are learning to appreciate the things that makes them stronger and healthier!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I used to salivate at the mere thought of a Venti Iced White Mocha from Starbucks. Even non fat we are talking over 400 calories. Then I started making my own coffee with sugar free flavorings. I tried to splurge not long ago on one of those (I thought) sweet nectar of the gods, took a couple sips and thought, MEH. Was too sweet and waaaaay too much.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!