Confused as to why I'm not losing any weight!

Options
I'm exercising like CRAZY and everything.
Anyone want to take a look at my profile and help me out?
Really just confused at this point.

Replies

• barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    your muscles are retaining water... :D !
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Can you make your diary public?
  • 80to70kg
    Options
    You are either eating too much, eating too little or exercising too much so that you gain muscle instead of fat. :)
  • alexa_image
    alexa_image Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Why don't you take measurements and pictures to compare
    sometimes the scale does not move, you you can see progress on pictures.
  • pattymartin2010
    Options
    bump
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Have no idea since your profile isn't open. Gotta open it.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    you need to unlock your diary... but i'll bet you either aren't eating enough proper foods for weight loss and muscle growth, probably have too much sodium in your diet, or not starting your day with a proper breakfast.

i firmly believe that a good breakfast with carbs and protein can help set you up for a day of weight loss and not being starving.
  • Nataliethin81
    Options
    Huh?
  • ishapeme
    ishapeme Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    bump -There was a time that I exercised like crazy then I took a break and lost a lot of weight. But I'm interested to see what people say.
  • CatMauro
    CatMauro Posts: 225 Member
    Options

I went through the same thing a couple of weeks ago when I stepped up my workouts. Essentially all it is is that your muscles are holding water so that they can repair themselves more easily. I upped my water and protein and I started seeing more weightloss. The big thing is just be patient, it'll start coming off again.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Why ask us to look at your profile if we can't see you diary?
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Hey hun!!

Don't worry too much about the scale. I agree with the other poster who said to take measurements and before and after pictures. I wasn't losing any weight at all and I was going to give up, but luckily I had taken before pictures and I compared them with some current ones.

The difference was amazing! I had only lost 7lbs but it looked like I lost 20 ...and I didn't even realize it!

Have a look! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/357472-two-months-of-progress-in-pics

Keep your chin up :)
  • jojogo1111
    Options
    Have no idea since your profile isn't open. Gotta open it.

Exactly.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Can't see your diary but I see from your ticker that you only have 7 lbs to lose - the less you need to lose, the slower it can be to come off. And like others have said if you are exercising a lot, you may be building muscle which may keep your scale from showing lower numbers, BUT you may actually be losing inches even though your weight doesn't move much.
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Don't worry too much about the scale. I agree with the other poster who said to take measurements and before and after pictures. I wasn't losing any weight at all and I was going to give up, but luckily I had taken before pictures and I compared them with some current ones.

The difference was amazing! I had only lost 7lbs but it looked like I lost 20 ...and I didn't even realize it!

Yes. This. :smile:
    According to my doc, I have lost around 42 lb in water and fat, but I've gained 4 lb of muscle. When you gain muscle, your entire body will look more toned, you will lose inches around (because muscle is more dense than fat; when you replace fat with muscle it may weigh the same but it takes up less room on your body), and you will find it easier to burn even more fat (because muscle tissue burns more energy than other types of body tissues, even when it's resting).
    However, when you gain muscle, it's a mixed blessing because the numbers on the scale may look as though you're not losing any weight or making any progress.

Also, how long have you been at this? Patience, grasshopper! :laugh: Don't weigh yourself more often than once a week, and don't measure yourself more often than once a month. Otherwise the natural fluctuations of your body will drive you nuts. Other things that can affect your scale weight:
    water retention
    the humidity outdoors
    your reproductive cycle & hormone levels
    how much sleep you've gotten lately
    how recently you've exercised (your muscles retain water when they're sore after a workout)

You just have to have faith that it's working, realize that it may take time to see the results on the scale, and find other ways to gauge your progress. Do you feel happier and more energized? Then you're doin' somethin' right. :happy: I also agree with the measurements suggestion.
    Good luck to you!