hiya any diabetics out there

Options
hiya new to all this dieting and a diabetic so had a really bad hypo today logged all the sweet stuff i had but how do i deal with this i know cut down insulin but what else can i do thanks for any help

Replies

• kristie4au2
    Options
    Hey Ali: I'm also a Type 2 newby, just found out today, although I wasn't surprised, kind of suspected it. I have not been on MFP for very long, so I have yet to explore the site for information, but the American Diabetes Association has something called MyFoodAdvisor and it gives basically two ways to monitor your intake: Counting Carbs; Plate Method. Again, I am just now jumping into this, so I'm not going to act like I know anything and I have not had long enough to read much, so I suggest you go there yourself. But, I am going to try the Carb Counting, so I got a "goal" from that site and I think I'm going to try to use the stats here on MFP. Anyway, good luck with it.
  • Saucy_Yoda
    Saucy_Yoda Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you're type 1 or type 2, but I'm type 1. I know for me that once I started logging my foods and keeping a really close eye on my blood sugars, I had a lot of lows. A lot ... so obviously adjusting the insulin changed that. Other than that, I keep my blood sugars pretty stable by eating about the same amount of carbohydrates at about the same time every day. My diabetes likes routine. I also try to keep my net carbs for the day under 90g. It works for me!