What were you eating/doing 1 year ago?

Options
ItsCasey
ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
Just checked out my food and exercise logs from 1 year ago. Pretty crazy how much things have changed for me since then.

I think tomorrow I am going to do the workout I was doing a year ago and see how much faster I can finish it than I did then.

FTR, I was eating a pretty healthy diet. Too many Lean Cuisines and not enough calories (I clung to 1200 a day like nobody's business), but for the most part, it was healthy food. For my workouts, I was doing a LOT of pointless cardio and very little strength training. That has been the biggest change for me. And it is not a coincidence that my body looks way better now that I am eating more and lifting really heavy things.

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I was pretty healthy and still a gym rat as I am now, but, nowadays I am much more healthier! A year ago, I was a really, really, bad emotional eater. I still am sometimes, but nowhere near as bad.
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I wasn't on here a year ago...I wasn't running or giving a flying you know what about what I was eating either! I started here in February and it has been the best thing to happen to me in a while!
  • countrygirl_717
    Options
    My weight was going up last fall, after being in great shape for my summer wedding last summer. Now my weight is going back down and I'm getting back into that great shape!
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Was just finally finalizing divorce after a year and a half

weighed 120

wasn't eating much at all
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I was 2 stone heavier and I'd just joined the gym and struggled to burn 100 calories...unbelievable!
  • Kristhin
    Kristhin Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I was first learning about veganism and making a slow and steady transition to a vegan diet! Exploring new foods and new ways of making foods. I even began taking a class on veganism!
    I was not yet counting calories or using MFP though; glad I found it!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I wasn't logging a year ago, but I was drinking lots of wine, and starbucks, and soda. I was eating lots of fast food and anything I wanted.
  • smc1277
    smc1277 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I wasn't on here. I had just moved and temporairly stopped drinking, compensating with my moms cooking, since I moved next door to her.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I was not on this program started 100 days ago according to my app.

but I can tell you what I was eating -

Breakfast - usually skipped it got to work went to 7 eleven got yogurt, banana and a 32 ounce COKE - oftentimes If I did eat it would be a burger from Carls Junior or a full meal from Del Taco on Fridays it was 2-3 donuts at work

Lunch - Go out to eat either Roundtable Pizza/ Mexican food and eat 4-7 slices of pizza or if it was mexican food it was a california burrito and a large COKE

On my way home - If the earlier day stuff wasnt bad enough - I would go to Jack in the Box or mexican food and order a whole meal eat that

Dinner - My lovely wife would cook me a healthy dinner and wonder why I was gaining so much weight !

Desert- Ice cream and at least 2-3 cokes in between getting home from work and desert .

...Now ---

Cut out soda other than Diet. Cream Soda or Diet Cherry Pepsi(sorry its my heel) and usually only one a day

Cut out fast food - have not eaten at a fast food place (Mcdonalds, Jack in the Box, etc) still occasionally get mexican / pizza but MUCH less food and no soda -

Lots o water and veges and fruit ..

Yesterday was interesting ... I have found I am going way under my calorie count for the day I was leaving work knowing I still had 1k calories for the day and I had a fleeting moment of wanting to go grab a burrito ... hell I would still be under my calorie goal...instead I stopped at a store and bought a bag of apples and some dried fruit... and enjoyed a Golden Delicious apple very happily as I drove home with a smile on my face content in knowing I made the right choice..
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Wasn't on here...was eating like crap and had just started a legal fight with my then landlord....stressed the F out!

I won the battle btw lol
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I had lost 15lbs for sons wedding(Oct.9 2010) and lost another 10 after wedding. Then It started creeping back up. I bought EA sports Active 2 for my wii. And on that site I saw MFP. I joined MFP labor day weekend 2011. And I am never looking back.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I was not on this program started 100 days ago according to my app.

but I can tell you what I was eating -

Breakfast - usually skipped it got to work went to 7 eleven got yogurt, banana and a 32 ounce COKE - oftentimes If I did eat it would be a burger from Carls Junior or a full meal from Del Taco on Fridays it was 2-3 donuts at work

Lunch - Go out to eat either Roundtable Pizza/ Mexican food and eat 4-7 slices of pizza or if it was mexican food it was a california burrito and a large COKE

On my way home - If the earlier day stuff wasnt bad enough - I would go to Jack in the Box or mexican food and order a whole meal eat that

Dinner - My lovely wife would cook me a healthy dinner and wonder why I was gaining so much weight !

Desert- Ice cream and at least 2-3 cokes in between getting home from work and desert .

...Now ---

Cut out soda other than Diet. Cream Soda or Diet Cherry Pepsi(sorry its my heel) and usually only one a day

Cut out fast food - have not eaten at a fast food place (Mcdonalds, Jack in the Box, etc) still occasionally get mexican / pizza but MUCH less food and no soda -

Lots o water and veges and fruit ..

Yesterday was interesting ... I have found I am going way under my calorie count for the day I was leaving work knowing I still had 1k calories for the day and I had a fleeting moment of wanting to go grab a burrito ... hell I would still be under my calorie goal...instead I stopped at a store and bought a bag of apples and some dried fruit... and enjoyed a Golden Delicious apple very happily as I drove home with a smile on my face content in knowing I made the right choice..

LOVE THIS!