Feeling disappointed

Options
I am having a bad moment. I have been under my calories and really put in a big effort with exercise this week. I was looking forward to a good outcome on the scales, so was disappointed to see a gain.

Any ideas? I know I can't give up, but feel disappointed as I sacrificed so many yummy treats and was feeling hopeful for a positve result.

Replies

• Halothane
    Halothane Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Eat your calories!
  • jame_104
    jame_104 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I was feeling that way today as well. Been working very hard the past couple of weeks and the scale isn't moving it. I came across this in another forum. Hopefully it will help.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/353423-upset-because-the-scale-does-not-change-read-this
  • Jeannie5466
    Options
    It's true you have to eat your calories, I know we all think if we eat fewer we'll lose more but our bodies are so perfectly designed that in times of famine (not eating enough calories) it goes into shutdown and conserves as much as possible. I've been doing it wrong like that for years and only when I accepted the experts knew what they were talking about did it start to shift. Try to stay positive and it will move in the right direction, eat up and enjoy!