Skin breakout

Options
fteale
fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
Since I cut right back on wheat my skin has gone mental. I have wrinkles where I didn't have them, and teenage acne. All the bad things at once. I am 34, I shouldn't have either problem!

Heeeelp meeeeeeee!

Replies

• kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    My sister is an esthetician, I can ask her when she gets home if you would like!
  • fteale
    Options

Thanks, but I have really dry skin and eczema, I can't use anything drying at all. Though saying that, my eczema has improved massively without wheat too. Maybe they are connected.
  • fteale
    Options
    My sister is an esthetician, I can ask her when she gets home if you would like!

Thanks!
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Oh that's crazy..acne can be a form of an allergy also to something your eating??.. after a face wash..I usually use witch hazel as an astringent and it has been totally helping alot..as I had skin breakouts bad....it even says on the bottle good for use as a face astringent..
  • Naughtybiscuit
    Naughtybiscuit Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have really bad skin, but I find using an oil-free moisturiser helps a lot - I know using moisturiser sounds counter-intuitive but my skin is always worse when I miss a day using it. Might be worth a go? Make sure it's oil free though!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Acne can definitely be relieved with the limitation or deletion of dairy...

My dermatologist recommended that for both my daughter and I ... My daughter's was so severe it hurt badly... She limits her intake to one serving per day and her skin is as soft and silky as mine...

I only had little mini pimples - OF HELL! LOL Not anymore!

I also drink lots of water... Derm-doc loved that too!
  • mamaredhead
    Options
    Eeeeew, I so know what you are talking about! Been there so many times!!!

Our skin works very well as some kind of "garbage disposal system". Maybe that cutting down on special items has started some sort of "massive cleaning process" (you said that it was actually working well, right?) and now your skin has taken over part of the job? Try drinking a lot, avoid sugars and processed food (which you are probably already doing anyways).

Other questions: Are you feeling alright inside of yourself? Or are you missing anything? Could that be a symptom meaning "do not touch me" or "keep your distance, please"?

Looking at it from many possible ways will help you get through it. And I SOOO know the problems of having dry AND impure skin. Been there for many, many years. Help your skin to do its job with as many natural ingredients as possible (I used to use logona or Weleda products and still do), don't suppress its functions or dry it out. Maybe go homeopathic if you want to ...

And most important of all: BE NICE to yourself :-)))
    Good luck!!!
  • mamaredhead
    Options

YUP!!!!
    agreeeee!

("pimples of hell" *lol*)
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Are you sweating with any new workouts? If so, shower quickly. The salt in your sweat will dry out your skin and cause other problems if you just let it dry off naturally.
  • tymee
    tymee Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Oh that's crazy..acne can be a form of an allergy also to something your eating??.. after a face wash..I usually use witch hazel as an astringent and it has been totally helping alot..as I had skin breakouts bad....it even says on the bottle good for use as a face astringent..

Where do you buy witch hazel? I use to use it all the time but cannot find it now, and would love to use it again!
  • fteale
    Options
    I have really bad skin, but I find using an oil-free moisturiser helps a lot - I know using moisturiser sounds counter-intuitive but my skin is always worse when I miss a day using it. Might be worth a go? Make sure it's oil free though!

I need pretty moisturising moisturiser, as I said, I have very dry skin! I use L'Occitaine Immortelle.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options

YUP!!!!
    agreeeee!

("pimples of hell" *lol*)

hehehehe... when I told my dermatologist that I had them on my scalp (ohhhhh the headaches when they popped while taking a hot shower... ARGH!!!) he cracked up laughing so hard I thought he was gonna lose his water! LOL...

Ive never been a fan of dairy to be honest... the occasional cheese - OH YEAH BABY! But for the most part, I am a one-serving-of-dairy type of gal... I actually prefer Silk's light vanilla soymilk... MY GAWD its delicious! I use it when I make protein shakes...

no more pimples of hell for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MUAHAHAHAHHAHA! LOL
  • fteale
    Options
    I have switched to soy milk for cereal, but still have normal milk in tea (and that's not changing). The thing is, the only thing I have changed in the last 2 months is the wheat thing, though I actually have had some the last 2 days out of desperation. It is an almost exact time correlation.
  • mamaredhead
    Options
    I need pretty moisturising moisturiser, as I said, I have very dry skin! I use L'Occitaine Immortelle.

Yeah, the more moisturising the moisturizer is, the better ;-))))

I found that all the oilfree products actually didn't solve the problem. My skin sort of got "addicted" and never found its way out of the problem, which meant: one day without, and everything started all over again. I now go with non-comedogenic products and all natural ingredients. AFAIK L'Occitaine products are pretty neat, too. This choice and a couple of years of waiting (that was the hard part!!!) plus drinking more and being more or less happy have actually solved the problem.

PLUS changing my pillow cases once a week. That's where the bacteria wait and do their bad things while you sleep ...
  • fteale
    Options
    I had another thought about this today. Someone mentioned allergies, and I started eating PB at the same time I stopped eating bread. I have also had a recurrence of asthma which I haven't had in nearly a year.
  • mamaredhead
    Options
    uh oh ...

... sounds like a VERY likely option.
    Asthma is NOT funny, neither is a bad skin breakout. You will get that checked, right?
  • fteale
    Options
    uh oh ...

... sounds like a VERY likely option.
    Asthma is NOT funny, neither is a bad skin breakout. You will get that checked, right?

Yup, I have made a doctor's appointment for next week. Just spoke to a dr friend of mine and she said get an allergy test asap.
  • mamaredhead
    Options
    *like*

Take good care of yourself, inside and out.