EA Sports Active 2 PS3

Options
Anyone try this game? I was thinking about picking it up to make my ps3 functional lol. Seems like its decent from the reviews. What are your thoughts?

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know, too! :smile:
  • DawniesLife
    Options
    I do not have it for the PS3, but I do have it for the Wii and I love it. :)
  • briar_rose
    briar_rose Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I love it!! I am currently doing the 9 week program and I totally think it is helping me with my weight loss.
  • Sirenism
    Sirenism Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I've been told and read that the Wii version is better than the PS3 version, but I like the idea of achievements. I think it helps with the motivation. The best thing you can do is give it a shot and the worst that will happen is that you'll be out $60... which you could always sell it online.
  • mooog
    mooog Posts: 16
    Options
    Cool. Thanks for all the feedback! I think I'm going to go pick it up tonight.
    I used to play DDR back in the day, lost about 30 lbs playing that game. Hopefully Sports Active holds my interest like DDR did!
  • DawniesLife
    Options
    Cool. Thanks for all the feedback! I think I'm going to go pick it up tonight.
    I used to play DDR back in the day, lost about 30 lbs playing that game. Hopefully Sports Active holds my interest like DDR did!

Just so you know, Amazon has it on sale for $48.99 for the PS3 right now:
    http://www.amazon.com/EA-Sports-Active-2-Playstation-3/dp/B003O6FYDK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1295370934&sr=8-1
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    We just got it for our PS3 - we have only done a few "tests" so I don't know the full functionality (but need to learn more about it!)..
  • mooog
    Options
    Whats your psnid?
    I'm trying to start a group in game for people on this site.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/155553-ea-sports-active-2-ps3-friends-needed
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I have it for PS3 and I LOVE IT! I am doing the 9 week challenge and I am in week 2. I think it is really helping. As for the heart rate monitor, DEFINITELY wear your own and do not go by the calories burned that they tell you. The calories burned are WAYYYYYY off! The heartrate is always relatively close but I use their heart rate monitor and my real one and I burn 3-4 times of what they tell you. I would definitely get it though because they focus on all parts of your body and you get a really good workout.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Options
    I have it for PS3 and I LOVE IT! I am doing the 9 week challenge and I am in week 2. I think it is really helping. As for the heart rate monitor, DEFINITELY wear your own and do not go by the calories burned that they tell you. The calories burned are WAYYYYYY off! The heartrate is always relatively close but I use their heart rate monitor and my real one and I burn 3-4 times of what they tell you. I would definitely get it though because they focus on all parts of your body and you get a really good workout.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Options
    You should join a workout group. I have one with my g/f (a MFP member) and another MFP member.
  • mooog
    Options
    Yeah Im trying to get some people to add to a group. My PSN ID is "turbo-gda" go ahead and add me :)
  • Amethysta79
    Amethysta79 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have it & I love it!

I'm currently doing the 3 week Cardio Kickstart & then I'll move onto the 9 week programme.

It certainly gets you into a sweat & I've lost a few pounds so far.

The trophies spur you onto doing it more & more. It beats going to the gym as it's cheaper & you can exercise in your front room without anyone seeing you!

I have a fitness DVD & it bores me after one week as the workouts never change, but this changes every time so it makes it easier to stick to.

Occasionally the sensors don't pick up which is annoying but I've heard it has less problems that the XBox & you don't have to hold onto anything like the Wii.

Add me, PS3 ID is amethysta79.
  • dhiggins8
    dhiggins8 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    HEY HEY HEY Can I get in do ya'll have a group name and password? I have 2 workouts left to Finish the Cardio Kick Start then I will move on the the 9 week program.
  • ChrissyLu723
    ChrissyLu723 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Does anyone do this anymore? I just bought this today and am looking forward to starting.
  • trac30
    trac30 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I did it for a while. It was fun at first but I stopped using it because some of the exercises were not registering. It worked perfectly for a couple of months then just seemed to wear out....the arm band mostly. It would happen during the "rows" exercises. Was very frustrating to have to skip exercises so I quit using it.

I did lose a decent amount of weight while on the program though
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I do it every now and then, but just custom workouts, not the challenges.
  • spinedocmfp
    spinedocmfp Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have it for Wii, and it is a surprisingly good program. I would recommend getting rechargeables because you burn through batteries like crazy.
  • HarpingOn
    HarpingOn Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Is anyone still using this? I got the full game for £7 in the gameplay.com sale recently (big discount that!). Is there a myfitnesspal group?
  • OffTheBeatenPath
    OffTheBeatenPath Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just bought this used for only $15. I am wanting to get into using it. I live a pretty sedentary life style and I need to get up and move to start to lose. Can this even be logged into the the exercise diary?