anyone have some good workout tips

Options
i started out two months ago at 235lbs and now ive reach 217lbs i want to make it down to 160. ive been sticking to my diet and doing my weekly workouts but i need some tips to lower belly fat quick and boost metabolism. ANY SUGGESTIONS??

Replies

• poseyj88
    poseyj88 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Interval training! Alternate high and low intensity cardio exercises in a single workout.

Unfortunately, life doesn't let you spot tone, but it's great for burning fat!
  • katelcollins18
    Options
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    If its only a weekly workout, then do it more often. It's several times a week, train for longer and harder. Add extra sessions and train more than once in a day if you can. Fat will come off where it wants, not if you target a specific area.... so lots of Phys, cardio etc is great. I found running the best way, especially long distance with a few sprints thrown in!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    If you are on a treadmill, pump your arms up and down with light weights. It is very hard to keep doing it.
  • EmilySG2011
    Options
    First of all, whatever you are doing is working very well. Your weight loss is amazing. I started this program in May and have only dropped 10 lbs :(. I will have to admit I have gone thru a lazy time from August to now...trying to get back on track. I have found the Kettlebell workouts to be good for ab and core workout. I have been using Kettleworx, however, you can find very similar programs that dont have so many dvd's. I also have been using the ab doer twist---this is an excellent workout program for lower ab toning. However, you may not be interested in purchasing equipment.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Do Insanity!
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with above / below! Kettle bells are fab - combine with a good cardio session and you're there!
    First of all, whatever you are doing is working very well. Your weight loss is amazing. I started this program in May and have only dropped 10 lbs :(. I will have to admit I have gone thru a lazy time from August to now...trying to get back on track. I have found the Kettlebell workouts to be good for ab and core workout. I have been using Kettleworx, however, you can find very similar programs that dont have so many dvd's. I also have been using the ab doer twist---this is an excellent workout program for lower ab toning. However, you may not be interested in purchasing equipment.
  • katelcollins18
    Options
    i actually do it 4 times a week
  • katelcollins18
    Options
    thanks ill give it a try
  • katelcollins18
    Options
    thank you very much