date ideas?

Options
hey all,
so i have a date for the weekend, he is taking me out to a restaurant but it is a "surprise" and i'm not allowed to know where....
HELP!? what should i do? i don't wanna be one of those girls that only eats salads but..... i really dunno what to do eeeep D:

Replies

• V44V
    V44V Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I think grilled fish would be a good choice or a lighter choice pasta...
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    fish, but make sure it is not swimming in butter, ask for dressing on the side.

GG
  • sryan8408
    sryan8408 Posts: 244
    Options
    Just do a lean protein (fish or sea food grilled or chicken) side salad dressing on the side and mixed veggies.
  • jillleanne
    jillleanne Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Go on the date, enjoy yourself, enjoy him, and don't worry much about it. There are bigger things in life than the ONE day you ate too many calories.
    But of course, healthier options are fish, chicken or salads (watch the dressing)
  • CatMauro
    CatMauro Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    It's a date. Enjoy yourself. If you can make healthier choices than great if he brings you to a nice place that has everything swiming in butter then just enjoy it and make up for it the next day. Don't mention that the food isn't good for you. That's a big turn off for most people because if he's gone through the effort of making it "a surprise" he's probably thinking it's somewhere that you would enjoy and complaining about the place is not going to go over well.

Have fun!!
  • SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    hey all,
    so i have a date for the weekend, he is taking me out to a restaurant but it is a "surprise" and i'm not allowed to know where....
    HELP!? what should i do? i don't wanna be one of those girls that only eats salads but..... i really dunno what to do eeeep D:
    I would avoid the Big Mac at all possible costs.

I'm not sayin'...I'm just sayin'.
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Live a little.... and don't worry about it. Good grief, Woman... it's only Wednesday.... let him plan and have fun trying to surprise you... don't kill it by wondering what you will eat.... just go with it:drinker: ... let your date be romantic:flowerforyou: .... don't ruin his good intentions or future surprises by fussing about what to eat. :grumble: A healthy diet is very important.... so is a healthy relationship.:heart: And if you eat too much, I'm sure he has intentions to help you burn it off afterwards :smooched: .... problem solved.:wink:

Point is... enjoy yourself.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Live a little.... and don't worry about it. Good grief, Woman... it's only Wednesday.... let him plan and have fun trying to surprise you... don't kill it by wondering what you will eat.... just go with it:drinker: ... let your date be romantic:flowerforyou: .... don't ruin his good intentions or future surprises by fussing about what to eat. :grumble: A healthy diet is very important.... so is a healthy relationship.:heart: And if you eat too much, I'm sure he has intentions to help you burn it off afterwards :smooched: .... problem solved.:wink:

Point is... enjoy yourself.

Actually I live in Australia, It's Thursday here.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Go on the date, enjoy yourself, enjoy him, and don't worry much about it. There are bigger things in life than the ONE day you ate too many calories.
    But of course, healthier options are fish, chicken or salads (watch the dressing)

^^^^^^
    This. I mean you can stay away from eating a 40 ounce porterhouse with cheese mashed potatoes and a boatload of bread smothered in butter but don't totally stress out about it.
    its ONE meal.

If I was going out I would do this:

1) "Do you want to get an appetizer?" "Oh this grilled veggie plate sounds so good! I love roasted red peppers/Oh these grilled chicken skewers sound good!" or "No I'm usually stuffed just with dinner" or "Sure" (and eat slowly so your portions are down, then eat a smaller portion of dinner).

2) "What do you want with your salmon, mashed potatoes or vegetables?" "Vegetables please, with no butter"

3) "Do you want to get dessert?" "Sure! (take 2 bites) ooo I'm so full I can't eat anymore" or "I'll just have soe coffee" or "I'm so stuffed I couldn't!"
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Go. Enjoy yourself.

Relax and don't worry about the numbers. But DON'T weigh yourself for at least 3 days afterwards. *nod*
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your date and order a lean protein.
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Lot's of good healty choices at most restaurants these days. Have fun, stay focus and stick to the plan.. The reason we are all here is because we have way too many Cheat Days.. PhAdAdDy say's no cheating!! Have Fun!!!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    You could always get in a good workout before your date and then you can get whatever you want. :smile:
  • OfficialPR
    OfficialPR Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    Enjoy and Stop Stressing. Order a lean protein is all...
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    You could always get in a good workout before your date and then you can get whatever you want. :smile:

^ This

I like to do this when I know I'm about to do date night or birthday night or who ever is having a thing. Just yesterday I splurged on a good meal but I did double the workout I normally do to burn off all those extra calories.