New look at the long term goal!!!

Options
On the scale today it says I am down 15 lbs since I start MFP on September 13. As per my corny screen name, my goal is to lose around half of my starting weight which would be 153. So rounding to even numbers that would be 15. Break those down into ten smaller goals it would make them 15 lb goals instead of 150 lb goal. (15 seems much more achievable!!!) With that said I guess I have hit my first goal without much noticable difference do to the amount I have to lose. But, instead of ten rounds of fifteen, I am down to only having nine to go!!!!

Replies

• cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO!!! Remember what I do and get yourself a reward at each 10!
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Well done!

It's much more achievable setting smaller goals - I've been doing that (mine are 7lbs at a time) and then I realised the other day I am a third of the way to my target, which really made my day!
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    that's great. i go by ten pounds myself even though there's a lot of tens there to be lost lol
  • kaizen31
    kaizen31 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Great job! You're well on your way! :D
  • Husker99
    Options
    Great Job!! I have my goals set to smaller numbers at a time also. It is overwhelming looking at the big picture but baby steps make it lots more rewarding. Also totally agree with rewarding yourself when you achieve those 15lb goals :D
  • ckatastrophy
    ckatastrophy Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! You're doing great & mini goals are a great way to keep motivated! Do something (non food related) to reward yourself at each achievement to help keep you inspired.
    Way to go! Keep up the great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!