I just can't do it

:cry: I feel like I do good for breakfast and lunch, but then dinner rolls around and I ALWAYS screw up! Yesterday my boyfriend and I had burger king, and I promised myself I wouldn't have fast food today. And then I had wendy's for dinner. I don't even know why I eat the crap, it literally makes me feel like crap and its not even that good. ughhh, I'm never going to get into shape if I keep doing this. And to top it all off the elliptical I bought isn't even nice, I payed 153 dollars for it, and it doesn't have magnetic resistance and it squeaks like crazy. Sorry to complain so much, I just needed to let that all out.

:heart: Danielle

Replies

• :cry: I feel like I do good for breakfast and lunch, but then dinner rolls around and I ALWAYS screw up! Yesterday my boyfriend and I had burger king, and I promised myself I wouldn't have fast food today. And then I had wendy's for dinner. I don't even know why I eat the crap, it literally makes me feel like crap and its not even that good. ughhh, I'm never going to get into shape if I keep doing this. And to top it all off the elliptical I bought isn't even nice, I payed 153 dollars for it, and it doesn't have magnetic resistance and it squeaks like crazy. Sorry to complain so much, I just needed to let that all out.

• icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Shame on you:laugh:
    First of all, you need to change a word that you are using. The word "CAN"T" is your problem. You can do this. You have to be strong. Remember why you are here, to make a lifestyle change, to be healthier. You will do this. Don't ever let me hear CAN"T come out of your mouth young lady.
    That kind of talk always works on my 3 and 13 year old. I hope it will work for you.
    Be strong and it will get easier as time goes by.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    One more thing.....oil the squeak or try to exchange it.
    And you can do this:flowerforyou:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    The easiest solution is simply to not buy it. And it saves you money! Or, if you go, get a grilled chicken salad with light dressing. No one's making you get fast food, you just have to practice self discipline. :)
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    just wanted to point this out, all the fast food places have nutrition facts pamphlets, so pick one up and study it before you order. i have one from all the fast food places in my car so that when i go somewhere i can look before going in! so at least when you are eating fast food, you are eating healthier. how bout you and your boyfriend going grocery shopping together for some meals to cook together? have a nice romantic and (calorie managable) night in :happy: hope that helps! as for the elliptical, it's one of those things where you get what you paid for i think. there have been some other posts on here about people being unhappy about their ellipticals that they bought in that price range :noway:
  • :cry: I feel like I do good for breakfast and lunch, but then dinner rolls around and I ALWAYS screw up! Yesterday my boyfriend and I had burger king, and I promised myself I wouldn't have fast food today. And then I had wendy's for dinner. I don't even know why I eat the crap, it literally makes me feel like crap and its not even that good. ughhh, I'm never going to get into shape if I keep doing this. And to top it all off the elliptical I bought isn't even nice, I payed 153 dollars for it, and it doesn't have magnetic resistance and it squeaks like crazy. Sorry to complain so much, I just needed to let that all out.

I do the same exact thing and i have come to the conclusion that theres no way around eating the delicious greasy fast food so what i do is i get kid meals so i at least get smaller portions and get yummy food!!! Like at Mcdonalds i get chicken nugget happy meals and it only has 290 cals for the whole meal. So if you cant resist eat it but eat smaller portions!!! its helped me!!!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    I don't know if this is your issue, but are you eating enough during the day? I used to "save up" calories in the daytime, and then I always went crazy at night because I was STARVING!

If you're not already doing it, make sure you're spacing out your calories.

If you haven't you might check out the movie "Supersize Me"
    and the books "Fast Food Nation" and "Don't Eat This Book". They helped me quit that crap cold turkey. (sorry, soapbox moment)

and, yes, "You CAN do it". (as the very smart "Icandoit" pointed out.)
    :flowerforyou:
  • I've had the same problem for the past two days - but my problem is the "faculty room"! Today, they brought in those little decorative cookies that are 130 calories each! Yikes! I try like heck to avoid the faculty room, but since I have a student teacher I feel like I need to be more sociable. So the plan for tomorrow is: veggie sticks! Hopefully that will cure my need for crunch!

Another idea is to tell people what you're doing so that hopefully they'll be more sensitive to your goals and won't suggest places like Burger King - McDonald's has some good salad options (but I always end up bumming a couple of fries from my kids - I guess that's okay as long as it's not a whole pack of fries).
    Good luck and keep the goal in sight!
  • I did see that movie supersize me, that was so disgusting!! I don't know why it didn't make me not want fast food anymore. I should take that movie into consideration!!
  • That's what I used to do! I used to always get the kid's meals but about a year ago I moved up to the "grown up" meals..haha. I should start that up again!!
  • You know what? You are right. I CAN do this, I just need to stop giving into temptation. Maybe if I remember how I feel tonight, and how much weight I'm not losing from eating all that junk, that It will help me to stop.
    Thanks for your encouragment!
  • kbglazier
    kbglazier Posts: 39 Member
    YOU CAN DO IT! You are here, right, so you want help. You have your mind set on it, but we all have setbacks. There is this book, I think it is called Eat This, Don't Eat That or Eat This, Not That. Basically it lists tons of restaurant chains and gives you the healthier choices to make when faced with that decision. It helped me so much, since we are empty nesters and I am NO cook. We eat out alot and I found it helped me make smarter, educated decisions. We bought the book at Barnes and Noble but I am sure you could google it and find it online somewhere.

Good Luck and when you fall, get right back up again.
  • Thank you, yes you are right. My boyfriend said the same thing to me last night! I will remember that next time I feel like pulling into a wendy's drive-thru:smile:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    I did see that movie supersize me, that was so disgusting!! I don't know why it didn't make me not want fast food anymore. I should take that movie into consideration!!

The book "fast food nation" is a little higher on the gross-out-scale, so if you're looking for that sort of thing, I recommend it.
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    haha it's so crazy that someone mentioned eat this not that because that book houses all my fast food flyers in my car! haha! :tongue:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    :ohwell: There is tomarrow:wink: keep trying........I would think that these fast food places would have healthier choices. If not then perhaps ask your boyfriend to be supportive by going to some place that has a salad bar . Even better get him to eat healthy with you and hit the grocier store and cook a meal together. :flowerforyou: You can do it . Don't give up.
  • I feel your pain on this one. My boyfriend is 6 ft. tall and a whopping 140lbs. He eats everything and can't gain weight. And on the weekends when we see each other, he always wants to do things that involve us eating out. He's all about fast food restaurants when im around for some reason! So, if I can't sway his mind, I do the kids meal chix nugget and apple dippers. hah! (if you can avoid, do so, but it is one of the best choices.)
  • Thanks, my boyfriend is 6'0 too, but 185 lbs, but hes in good shape and ALL muscle. he makes me mad..haha. i'm gonna try what you said, the apple dippers and kids meal!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    healthychic,

My husband is almost 6'4" and about 195 so trust me, I feel for you!! LOL He can chow down on anything and not gain a pound. I do warn him that while these things might not be adding up weight wise, it will eventually catch up in other ways, whether it be heart issues or cholesterol, etc.

Anyway, fast food does not have to be the enemy. There are some wiser choices out there. But, also, don't give up or say you can't because you CAN do this. There will be slip ups here and there, just keep your eye on the prize!!

Tami