5'2" women w/ a goal of 110-115. Lets motivate each other!

Options
I am having a distorted view of myself lately, and would like some motivation. People have been saying Oh youre skinny, eat more. But I look in the mirror and compare my body to other women with similar stats as me and I am still disheartened with my abs area.

<--pic of me @ 117. Honestly, I don't want to lose anymore "weight" I want to lose body fat! Ive seen women with the same weight but look slimmer. fml for having an apple shaped body. But we gotta love the way we are right? =) Here's to 3 more months of training! I want to look smoking on New Year's Eve! Who's with me?:drinker:

Replies

• tinywithaBIGheart
    Options
    im 5'3 and 119lbs
    my gw is 110 .
    Add me girlies ♥
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I'm 5'0 and 110 and people keep telling me I look great. Well, I don't FEEL great so I'll keep at it. It's not like I'm underweight or anything! I look (and am!) perfectly healthy :)
  • Kdingo
    Kdingo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I think you look great but I understand what you're saying. At 5'1 I need to tone up more than anything.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,672 Member
    Options
    You don't have an apple-shaped body and you're being way too hard on yourself.

I don't know what to tell you, other than it sounds like you might need a perspective shift. You look great, so, while you ought to maintain healthy goals, don't forget to acknowledge your accomplishments.

:flowerforyou:
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 125 now but goal weight of 117 and working on body fat. Spin classes and yoga obsessively until I do it :) Add me if you want, we are going through similar issues. Everyone tells me I am skinny and exercise too much, but I know that I am healthy and just want to los the last bit of belly pudge and feel good about the back of my thighs :)

Good luck to you!

Anyone else on here with similar goals can add me too!
  • Kissxx
    Kissxx Posts: 99
    Options

I don't know what to tell you, other than it sounds like you might need a perspective shift. You look great, so, while you ought to maintain healthy goals, don't forget to acknowledge your accomplishments.

Thank you. Yea I need to look back to 6 months ago and how far Ive come. I always forget that I didnt gain weight in a span of a few months so I know it will take some time.

Sometimes I look in the mirror and I just stretch my body and wish I was 2 inches taller and my body fat would spread a bit more LOL.
  • Sonchie
    Sonchie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I understand. Im 5'3 and 113-114lbs. My problem isnt that i think i need to lose weight either. I need to reduce my body fat though. Ive been doing much more strength training and have seen results, but its tight muscles still hidden under my old fat suit! Shame on me for putting on that 100 extra lbs, but I took it off, and now, unless I have surgery to remove excess skin, Ive got to live with the battle scars. I must say though that I am super grateful that at least now Im healthy. I'm all for being as fit as you can be! Blessings in your continued journey.
  • calamitydown
    Options

THIS^
  • lindsay6694
    Options
    im 5'1" and im 106lbs and im still not happy with my stomach area. its pretty small but i want it to be more toned. but im working on it. insanity seems to be helping a lot
  • LixxiKitti
    Options
    oh add me please!! I'm actually 5"1' and about 127lb, unfortuately i have huge b00bs which i swear adds lbs, but anyway! would love to be 110lb
  • fit4everyoung
    Options
    bump!
  • melmarie4
    Options
    I agree with you. I'm 5'2 and my goal weight is 110. When I used to be 120 people didn't think I needed to lose weight, but my body wasn't toned and I wasn't happy with the way I looked. I also have a big chest which I think makes me look even bigger than I am. I think when I get down to my goal weight, I will still need to do months of strength training to be happy with the way I look. You do look really good at 117 though so don't be too hard on yourself!

Height: 5'2"
    SW: 138
    CW: 132
    GW: 110
  • versuga
    versuga Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fit4everyoung
    Options
    I am 5"1 I was 106, 5 days ago and back 109. I want to be 100 for good and it is a challenge and staying focus as my weigh-in is on Friday. I exercise plenty and eat an overall heathy diet with lots of fish, vegetables and eating out on the weekends. Currently I am monitoring my sugar, sodium and carbs, this is quite a challenge already for me and finally PORTION CONTROL on my behalf.

Let's motivate this petite body of ours and tackle those few extra pounds!

Best regards,

Rosie:flowerforyou:
  • beaner1st
    beaner1st Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and 117 pounds with a goal of 115. I am very much a pear shape and my top half is looking pretty good. It is my lower stomach, hips and thighs that still frustrate me. Mostly I need to tone and reduce my body fat. Sure could use encouragement.
  • versuga
    versuga Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1 with an ultimate goal weight of 100 - 105lbs! However...the scale is not budging!! Grrrrr!!! I am eating below cals and exercising....and the scale is still up!!!
  • zoey36918
    Options
    I am 5'3, currently 130 and my goal is 117 by January. I am also training for a half marathon and triathlon!
  • mfpseven
    mfpseven Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    OMG this is EXACTLY what I was looking for, I'm still only at 140 right now but that is my goal and would love the motivation from people in the same boat! totally add me and we can get to work!
  • HighHeelsHoney
    Options
    I'm currently 123 with a goal of 110-115. Before I got pregnant, I was around 110-113 and I'd like to get back to that. Having a baby has changed my body drastically, and I'd like to tone up and get a little leaner. I definitely need some motivation!!
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    This is an old thread, but I searched and found it. The OP nailed it. I don't feel compelled to lose more on the scale, but I have fatty places that I wish ere leaner. Any ideas?