A box of donuts?

Options
Usually when I stick to my calorie plan, surprisingly I don't feel hungry but today all I want to do is EAT. I mean binge. I want to eat a batch of raw cookie dough or 6 packages of Snowballs..... You get the idea. But why? I haven't blown it yet, but I thought it wasn't supposed to be about straight willpower. I feel like an alcoholic sitting in a bar with a glass of merlot in front of me. I cant hang on much longer. Help!

Replies

• dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Sometimes if I am really hungry, I guzzle 20oz of diet soda.
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    drink a glass of water, close your eyes and meditate on what it is you REALLY want and if it IS something sweet, find a REASONABLE item and be sure to truly experience it
    Sometimes, all it takes is ONE Hershey's miniature, slowly, completely and properly enjoyed to get me past a moment like this.
    Sometimes it isn't a sweet treat but some personal pampering that I really want but I am willing to settle for a food substitute rather than listen to my true inner voice.
  • Mom564
    Mom564 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have days like this too. I often give in to the temptation and find that if I have more "good" days than "bad" days, I still lose, just slower. Try to hang on.
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you need to indulge...but just a teensy weensy bit.
  • farmgirlsuz
    farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Must be something in the air....I hear my refrigerator calling me right now! I just went for a walk to try and make the munchies go away but the minute I walked in the door all I could do is think about what food is in the fridge! Might have to go to Lowe's just to dream....
  • Tracy184
    Options
    Did you eat too many empty carbs or sugars today? When I have orange juice with breakfast I'm starving all day. Maybe try a tablespoon of peanut or almond butter and a glass of water. That usually saves me until the next meal.
  • noblesseoblige
    Options
    Have you been eating enough protein? When you don't get enough protein sometimes you crave bad sugars.
    7534584 Posts: 38
    Options
    I think you are right. I probably don't really want food. I want something else instead. attention? someone who cares? something to look forward to? Maybe just something fun to do? I am still hanging on.
  • sahneschnitte
    Options
    I read in Fitness Magazine that sometimes imagining yourself eating whatever you it is you're craving helps tricking your brain into thinking the craving is satisfied. But I think you really have to get into the image in your brain, so imagine yourself going to the store, picking out all sorts of doughnuts, buying them, going home, sitting down and eating each one, one by one! Hope that helps. Helps me when I really want a big bowl of ice cream.
  • 19kat55
    19kat55 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • 19kat55
    19kat55 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Is there something different going on today than has been going on? When I really want to blow it and go on a binge I find it is often very helpful to diary. And I'm not talking about just tracking your food. How are you feeling emotionally? What happened to make you feel that way? Are you frustrated? Maybe you are just mad because you let yourself get to the point you have to closely monitor your food intake. Write write write. Left your pen and paper or computer if you prefer be your therapist. Once I get it all down on paper, I often then no longer have the urge to binge. The reason to want to binge is now on paper and that is my crutch instead of turning to food for a crutch.
    7534584 Posts: 38
    Options
    Thanks to all for your support. Still in calorie goal. Tomorrow will be better. Right?