Thank you Steve Jobs, you were great

Options

Replies

• Uk_Yogini
    Uk_Yogini Posts: 167
    Options
    He was a creative genius ! At least he is at peace now.

Sent from my iPhone
  • christenapanzone
    christenapanzone Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    So sad :(
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    So sad a true pioneer and great person overall.
  • Hootsmamma
    Hootsmamma Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    So Very Sad. He was truely a Pioneer and a Great person. He will be missed today and tomorrow...
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    His very moving speech to a Stanford graduating class:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF8uR6Z6KLc&feature=player_embedded speech
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I have a quote wall in my room and one of them says "Do great work, don't settle and remember you will die soon" which is from that talk!

He is a creative genius and one of the few people who changed the world. The way we communicate, interact, think and creative.
    He will be missed!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    All my health and fitness goals are much easier to achieve because of my iPhone. From the great MFP app, having my HRM tracked through my phone, blogging in real time as I walk half marathons, to the all the great music that keeps me motivated during my workouts...I'm very grateful to Steve and Apple. We'll never forget you, Steve.
  • webdiva1
    webdiva1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Man, WHAT a legacy! My life would be so different if not for Steve and Woz and ... yeah, I'm sayin' it ... Bill. SO much of what I do is on computer. To call the guy a visionary just isn't quite enough.

Steve was a bright light ... the light lives on.
  • Ifly4free
    Ifly4free Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I read about his death on my IPad. What a great inspiration and innovator of technology. He will be greatly missed but his legacy lives on in our daily lives!
  • JustEllieK
    JustEllieK Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I literally stopped everything at my store today to announce his death. He will be greatly missed. RIP Steve Jobs.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    iSad. :(
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    He was a Visionary who will surely be missed. RIP Steve Jobs.
  • cownancy
    cownancy Posts: 291
    Options
    Rest in peace, Steve! Your legacy will live on for a very long time. What a brilliant man! So sad that his contributions to the world couldn't be applied toward finding a cure for what took his life at such a young age! He certainly will be missed by many.:flowerforyou:
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    "Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The trouble-makers. The round peg in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status-quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify, or vilify them. But the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do." Apple

RIP Steve Jobs!!!!!
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Requiescat in pace

I hated Apple, but his genius cannot be denied. Seeing his vision...his impact through this industry in nothing short of awe-inspiring.
  • FindingFit50s
    Options
    "Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The trouble-makers. The round peg in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status-quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify, or vilify them. But the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do." Apple

RIP Steve Jobs!!!!!

This captures the essence of what I found so motivating and intriguing about the man.

You changed our world, Steve. May you thrive in your new one.

Sent from my iPhone, with gratitude.
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    RIP - definitely one of the good guys! You will be missed.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Never a fan of his phones or his computers, but he certainly revolutionized the world and shaped it to what it is today. His innovations and progress influences us daily, and his genius will be greatly missed
  • Joisgettingfit
    Joisgettingfit Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    He was an absolute legend and I was very sad to hear that he passed away in the early hours of the morning after a battle with Cancer.
    Its just weird looking at my Mac and thinking 'he invented that like if it wasn't for him I probably wouldn't be typing this message to you guys right now'
    He was only 56, so young and he had so much to live for but already in those 56 years he has changed the world and the way we view technology forever.
    Its sad that we've lost such an inventive,creative and all round brilliant mind
    May he Rest In Peace, my thoughts go out to his family and close friends at this difficult time.