New to MFP and need a few pals

Options
Hello out there....I'm new to this site and I was referred by a cousin of mines after asking her about weight watcher's. She'd done that for some time, then couldn't afford it anymore, so she got with this program. She's new herself so she hasn't begun to see any resluts as of yet, but I hope we both reach our goals together here. I'm lost as far as the food goes..:ohwell: I thought this site would give me suggestions on what to eat for each meal. :huh: Or is it posted somewhere that I can't find (not too good with the computer) :indifferent: Well I'm about to log off, guess I won't log anything in the food diary because I haven't added anything today as far as the calories and all that. I'm almost afraid to even think about how much it would add up to :noway: Well I hope everyone else is doing a good job shedding the pounds because I know it ain't easy...Keep up the good work and keep me and my cuz in yall prayers, cuz we sure need it...:laugh: Oh, by the way...If anyone is from Baltimore and has a membership at Planet Fitness, hit me so we can work out together. I enjoy sweatin to the beat of my ipod, but it's cool to have someone else to talk to sometimes as well. Till next time...stay healthy and away from the snacks that are callin you !! :wink:

Replies

• kimberly130
    Options
    Hey friend me if you wanna, i just started a challenge as well so It would be great if you joined! Good Luck!
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    welcome!
  • Missmaggieann
    Missmaggieann Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I joined last month and I really like it here. Im combining MFP with the south beach diet and so far Im doing well. Friend me we can support each other.
  • ltressa
    Options
    Thanks, and it might take me a while to find out how to friend you, but I'll certainly do it once I get this site all figured out. Would that allow me to see your meals?
  • judkinsjenny
    Options
    Hey! I'm not in Baltimore lol but im here. on the forums there is one called "recipes" i think. you can look there and also open your diary and take a look at other's diaries too. we can help you along and you can see what we are eating too. like one of my friends had some toasted rye bread with cream cheese spread on it, and then some smoked salmon!!! oh yum!! really?? lol. also if you dont already know, there is a cream cheese sub called Neufchatel. It's right by the cream cheese in the store, its EXACTLY like cream cheese except its 1/3 less fat and minus a bunch of calories too. its so delish!! take care xoxo
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    There isn't a set menu to follow, just keep it within your calorie goals. The less processed the food, the longer it will keep you full for the most part. Fruits, veggies, lean protein, etc. Good luck!
  • GownleyC2
    GownleyC2 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Here I go!! I am training for a half Marathon and need to lose about 100lbs. I love this site. It is so convienient for me being so busy.
  • pinkakira1
    pinkakira1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Join a challenge it will help you out alot. Make a goal of what you want to lose and that will help. This site makes you more aware of the calories you are taking in and helps you start making better choices for yourself. Also different groups will help with meal ideas. I joined the christmas challenge and its a great group... check it out
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    Welcome! Add me if you want. I am about 3.5 weeks in. I love the support and encouragement from this community!
  • ltressa
    Options
    Thanks everyone !! I feel so welcomed and supported already. :flowerforyou: One last thing, can someone tell me how to add a friend, & how to join a challenge? :huh:
  • kyliecakes0405
    kyliecakes0405 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP to you and your cousin. Everyone can benefit from this site! Logging your food is very important. It will open your eyes to what you have been putting in your body and help you make healthier choices. Unfortunately, MFP does not provide you with recommended meal plans but viewing friend diaries or planning ahead will help you in that area.

Remember to log your food intake, workouts and stay out of the RED and you will succeed!

* Sparkpeople.com is free and will give you meal plans. I use it along with MFP to help make healthy food choices.