Questioning myself

Options
I don't know what to do or if i should be doing anything different. My Goal Calories is 1930, today my total food was 1625, and exercise is 1181, and net 444. I feel that i am eating all the time but can't meet the cal goal, tonight I walked a 6 mile trail and burned all of that i now i feel that i need to eat so i don't screw anything up. I am correct?

Replies

• Aussie4870
    Options
    my go to when i need to consume some extra calories but dont want to ruin all my hard work is Silk, Light Chocolate Soy Milk...there are 90 calories in a glass and even just one of them makes me feel full, there is plenty of protein to help repair my muscles and it tastes good...

i am always under my goal but try very hard to get to 1200 calories per day since i still have a lot to loose and i would like to keep the scale going down...but of course i do not want to starve myself...

oh, the Silk Light Vanilla Soy is really good too!
  • elysecea
    elysecea Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Just dont eat more than your allotted even with exercise, If you dont eat all back just try half. I work out alot too so I stay hungry all day long!!! Muscle uses more fuel i.e. food!
  • doriefish1
    doriefish1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Since MFP already has your calories as a deficit, I always try to eat my exercise calories just because if you have too big of a deficit your body can't recover and you end up storing more of what you eat. I would say you really need to eat alot more today. Think cookies and high calorie foods. I know that isn't recommended or healthy, but with the numbers you listed you seriously need those calories. I would try not to excerise a ton so that you don't have so many calories to consume in a day. My calorie count before exercise is 1460 and I can do really well with that, but when I add exercise calories to it, it almost becomes impossible to eat that much. Anyway, that is my suggestion. Good luck.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    WOW 1930 calories??? I can barely make it past 1400!
    By chance is this caloric requirement something your doctor said 'go with it'? Or did you set up your profile to have that for the weight-loss ratio?

I might be able to consume 1930 if I eat my mother's cooking.. but would then lose 1930 calories by eating my mother-in-law's cooking... ugh!
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    If you are burning through that many calories consistently and feel you are eating all the time, look to more calorie dense foods. Hit foods with healthy fats, such as nuts, coconut, raw olives, and avocado in your diet. Meat and whole eggs will help fill that gap with quality protein and quality non-hydrogenated fats. Colorful nutrient dense veggies are great also to help the muscle recovery, butternut squash, sweet potato, spinach, etc. Grains and starches, not so much.
  • ginjanija
    ginjanija Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    By chance is this caloric requirement something your doctor said 'go with it'? Or did you set up your profile to have that for the weight-loss ratio?

I might be able to consume 1930 if I eat my mother's cooking.. but would then lose 1930 calories by eating my mother-in-law's cooking... ugh!

No Doctor i put in my weight when sign up and that is what was set. Please tell me i didn't do it right i am sooo not very good with computers
  • HealthyishWithMaggieG
    Options
    I'm confused with the way this situation is presented. Is 1930 the number of calories you're supposed to consume as your base or does that include the calories you've earned based on the exercise you've done for the day? I don't see how you're getting a net of 444 because calculating it that way doesn't make sense to me.
  • ginjanija
    Options

No Doctor i put in my weight when sign up and that is what was set. Please tell me i didn't do it right i am sooo not very good with computers

"please tell me i did it right" Obviously can't type either
  • cramernh
    Options
    how many pounds per week-loss did you set your profile up for?
  • choconuts
    choconuts Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    1930 is crazy high to me. Is that BEFORE any exercise?
  • cramernh
    Options

"please tell me i did it right" Obviously can't type either

***sends a complimentary can of TYPO-B-Gone - free gift!
  • ginjanija
    Options
    I'm confused with the way this situation is presented. Is 1930 the number of calories you're supposed to consume as your base or does that include the calories you've earned based on the exercise you've done for the day? I don't see how you're getting a net of 444 because calculating it that way doesn't make sense to me.

1930 Goal Calories. I'm going on my second week here and starting to get a little confused myself.
  • cramernh
    Options
    how many pounds per week-loss did you set your profile up for?
  • chocoholicandbaby
    chocoholicandbaby Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    1930 calories seems right to me looking at your starting weight. Just make sure you re-evaluate that as times go.
    Of course I'm not an expert in any way, shape or form, but I think working with such a high deficit won't be a huge problem for you at the moment. You may want to gradually increase the calories you're consuming though so you aren't staying at such a huge deficit. As someone else mentioned, try eating more calorie dense foods to bump you up a bit. Also as you drop weight make sure you re-evaluate you're calorie intake - but for the moment I don't think that is crazy high.
  • ginjanija
    Options
    I set it up for a 1lb a week and my starting weight was 269.2. And is wondering does the cal goal change automatically or do i have to go back as i lose the weight?
  • HealthyishWithMaggieG
    Options
    I'm still gathering information before I make any suggestions. How did you calculate how many calories you burned while walking? The MFP exercise options don't say anything about calculating walking based on miles walked. It's based on MPH and length of time, not distance. Just wanting to make sure it wasn't calculated too high for you.
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    That looks like that is probably right then. After losing 10 pounds it will asks if you want to adjust down.
  • ginjanija
    Options
    I'm still gathering information before I make any suggestions. How did you calculate how many calories you burned while walking? The MFP exercise options don't say anything about calculating walking based on miles walked. It's based on MPH and length of time, not distance. Just wanting to make sure it wasn't calculated too high for you.

I put it in as mins walked which was 120 mins.