30 Day Shred Question / Or Basic Routine Question

Options
Hi all.

I'm on level 3 of 30DS and it's going fine (though my knees are taking a beating and have some pain).

After the 30 days are over, can I continue to do the workouts - just start over again? Or maybe rotate them every day? Level 1 one day, then level 2 the next, and 3 the day after?

Or is there another good, sustainable workout anyone can recommend for every day use that would be as good of a whole body workout as 30DS?

Thanks for any help/recommendations!

Edit: If it helps you recommend things, I do 30DS in the AM and when I get home from work I do 30 minutes on the elliptical - 6 days a week.

Replies

• stef_3
    stef_3 Posts: 173
    Options
    Ripped in 30 is also good and the same 3-2-1 format, but 4 levels you do for 7-8 days each. I wouldn't see a problem with re-starting the shred though and possibly mixing it up. It's a workout so it's better than doing nothing.
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    check out the 30 day slimdown, its got the shred in it plus other JM vids

i got bored about 16 days into it tho and started ripped in 30
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    There is no reason you couldn't cycle back through but if you're bored with that one there are definitely others out there. The other one I've tried is "biggest loser- last chance". Its a lot of the same moves but thrown together differently with different instructors, and its full body. You might also trying googling around "muscle fusion", I took a class at my gym by that name and it was very similar to the shred. I think its a national thing, like zumba.
  • pace4me
    pace4me Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I lasted 20 days and after that I started to jog in between the workouts. I would jog a day and then the next day do level 1, jog a day and then next day do level 2, jog a day and the next day do level 3. The last day of the week was a free play with the kids day for me and worked good for awhile. I get bored easy. The more muscle confusion the better. Hope this helps.
  • KeepOnMoving
    KeepOnMoving Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I did 30 day shred two years ago all the way through (30 days straight) and hated it. But been thinking about trying it again because I am in better shape. I also had knee pain. I later suffered severe knee pain from running in 2010. Can't say I am totally recovered but after research, I have arthritis and know how to keep the pain at bay. Be careful on any type of exercise you do.

Improper form on those knee lunges can also cause your knees to hurt- make sure you push off on your heel not your toe from lunch position. Make sure that your knee doesn't go past your toe when you do squats. Its always best to cross train whatever type of exercise. That way your working different muscles and one muscle does not get overused.

I like Tae bo, boxing, yoga, and some light weight circuit training exercises.
  • WBish3
    WBish3 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I would try Ripped in 30, also by JM. It seems like it was made as a follow-up to 30DS.