My Exercise Secret (shhhhh!)

Options
My friends and co-workers never believe me when I tell them that I absolutely HATE working out. But I do. I live with a boyfriend who is an exercise junkie. He can't fathom how I exist on this earth a content and happy human without making my heart beat 160bpm for a sustained 60-120 minutes at least 4-5 times a week. Well, believe it bud, I do. Sorry, but I don't find pleasure in gasping for air, sweating profusely and turning multiple shades of purple, red and blue in the process. Oh, and I especially don't find pleasure in these aesthetics of active exercise while in public places (i.e. gyms)

As a hater of exercise, many people ask me how I stay thin. First, I can definitely thank my genes. Most of my family is thin. But I know when I'm not in shape. Yes, skinny girls can feel fat too. There is a big difference between skinny and fit!

So I dance in the mirror. Yep. I throw on some booty shorts and a sports bra and shake it down to my ipod. I set my timer for 15 minutes, with the intention that 15 minutes of physical activity is better than none. But without fail, once the timer goes off my heart rate is up and I am GROOVING. I recently added high heels to the mix. In my heels I do two sets of 25 squats. I'll tell ya....exercising in high heels really works the calves! But I can't do my own version of african tribal contemporary moves in 5 inch heels. So off they go, and off goes my limbs flailing all over the place.

My dance down usually ends up lasting around an hour before I get too out of breath. I'm pretty happy with this routine because I'm in my underwear so it takes quite a while to get hot enough to sweat. I might make a complete fool of myself, but no one is there to see a sweaty, huffing, purple girl in high heels and underwear dancing like a big bird!!

I'm pretty sure I'm burning about as many calories as I would in an hour at a Zumba class...only I'm having more fun making up my own moves!

Replies

• DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Not sure if any of us is buying this til we get video proof.....
  • amyamy0227
    Options
    Hahahaha! Never in a million years!
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    That sounds like a ton of fun!
  • kevinlynch3
    kevinlynch3 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    My ex used to do the exact same thing all the time..she hated the gym and dancing in front of a mirror was her thing. And she kept trim.
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options

ROFLMBO
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I LOVE it! I am also a huge HATER of working out. I like walks/jogs with my headphones but I don't like actual "workouts". The whole reps stuff....BLECH. I think I may have to try it your way.
  • YogiGirlLucy
    Options
    Awesome! One of my fave at home 'workouts' is to crank up AC/DC and dance around the living room! And yes, I have done this in my underwear....my hubby LOVES it! :)

Lucy :)
  • corieueber
    corieueber Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    sounds great - might have to try this, now to lock the doors so no one can come in
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    pics or it didn't happen.
  • lyddsmom
    Options
    I love Zumba class. And sometimes I do make up my own moves...just not really on purpose.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    This..........Heck and you could make some money web camming it! There are enough schmoes out there that will pay!
  • Gspice3
    Gspice3 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    This totally made my day :)
  • georgia_ann40
    georgia_ann40 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Love your secret!! Now to add a wall mirror to my exercise room!! Thanks for sharing with everyone!
  • caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba class. And sometimes I do make up my own moves...just not really on purpose.

me too! I might save myself the $10 class fee in future though, and just make up my own moves at home!
  • idcatiej22
    idcatiej22 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    i do a mixture of dancing and cleaning...maybe i should add heels to the mix!!
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Thank you for sharing!