Vitatops

Options
What do you think...
Are Vitatops okay to eat daily for dessert?

Replies

• cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    without knowing what your focus is for food-intake, its difficult to answer..

For me, it would never be worth it because:

1.) its prepackaged/processed food
    2.) high in carbs (its almost a meal's worth in one top)
    3.) high sensitivity to the chemical-related junk put into foods like this...
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    What do you think...

yes, why wouldn't it be ok?
  • healthy4self
    Options
    I need a daily dessert fix, and people's suggesting a Greek yogurt or a banana doesn't cut it. Those are foods I eat for snacks, not dessert. Any suggestions?
  • healthy4self
    Options
    What do you think...

They taste too rich to be okay for everyday. I would be thrilled if I could have one every night. Every diet deserves a little wiggle room :) I'm not trying to lose though, I'm 5'3" and 125 lbs. I just don't want to gain from eating processed foods.
  • natersmama
    Options
    my dessert is a tbsp of creamy peanut butter with ghiradelli 60% dark square. sometimes 2 squares =) YUMMY!!
  • rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Vitatops are a very healthy option, delicious and low cal
  • Acg67
    Options
    I need a daily dessert fix, and people's suggesting a Greek yogurt or a banana doesn't cut it. Those are foods I eat for snacks, not dessert. Any suggestions?

eat what you like and fit it into your cals. i like ice cream, greek yogurt mixed with protein powder/sf/ff instant pudding mix, sometimes poptarts etc
  • rockylucas
    Options
    100 calories of "processed" vitatop is not going to make u any fatter than 100 calories of organic whatever :P
  • Acg67
    Options
    What do you think...

They taste too rich to be okay for everyday. I would be thrilled if I could have one every night. Every diet deserves a little wiggle room :) I'm not trying to lose though, I'm 5'3" and 125 lbs. I just don't want to gain from eating processed foods.

Net caloric intake governs weight loss..
  • rockylucas
    Options
    Natersmama that sounds awesome, like a gourmet reeses cup :D
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I think it's up to you. I could see myself doing it, but I'm not a purist either.
  • spaztastic13
    Options
    I tried them and i didnt like them....but eat it for dessert if u want its ur choice!!!!!!
  • alexis92
    Options
    vitatops/vitabrownies are my daily dessert/chocolate fix. They're good both warmed up or frozen with a cup of skim milk!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    100 calories of "processed" vitatop is not going to make u any fatter than 100 calories of organic whatever :P

Couldn't agree more ^^
  • elysecea
    elysecea Posts: 161 Member
    Options

According to the package they are all natural from what I can remember, that is why they need to stay frozen until you are ready to eat them, it is Vita muffin tops you are referring too right? They only have 110 or less per muffin top.
  • skramer13
    skramer13 Posts: 70 Member
    Options

They may not be exactly low-carb, but they're not terribly processed/full of chemicals, either. The website actually says they need to be stored in the freezer to prevent mold since they don't have preservatives. I'd say go for it - they're delicious, and you just can't beat a delicious 100-calorie dessert. :)
  • elysecea
    elysecea Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I would totally have to agree with this!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    They are delicious. . I personally wouldn't eat them every day. . . I would alternate with things like berries, with brown sugar and whipped cream . .. low cal and so yummy. . .

Or a couple squares of dark chocolate. . I like lindt 70% dark or the intense orange, chili infused. . so good!

60 calorie chocolate pudding is a good option as well! Good luck to you~!:bigsmile:
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options

According to the package they are all natural from what I can remember, that is why they need to stay frozen until you are ready to eat them, it is Vita muffin tops you are referring too right? They only have 110 or less per muffin top.

Thats why I posted "For me, it would never be worth it"
    Im definitely no food purist like some radical executive chefs Ive worked for in the past (wow are they a winner!).