Binge eating before that time of the month

Options
Who else over-eats Im talking BINGE EATING right before that beautiful time of the month? haha... I can go the whole month 100% in my diet but a week before I just start thinking about food, its all I can think about, it becomes my obsession... this is going to be the first time in a very long time (if not ever) that I havent actually eaten like a mad woman! but it is sooo hard to stop myself tho, I hate it because I always gain 2-3 lb in a week from this... how do you stop yourself from over eating?

Replies

• deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I always do that. I binge eat and just.. ugh. I love food during that time of the month. Just relax and don't starve yourself. Treat yourself to one thing a day, or maybe one day eat what you want and the next day shoot for getting way under your calorie goal
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Seems as once a month I randomly just go on a crazy binge...I HATE IT! >:( I try to keep noooo junk food in my apartment, and instead, if I need a treat, I'll get something small.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Honestly the only way to stop my binging was to get rid of anything that I would binge on
  • andrea198721
    andrea198721 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I know how ya feel and its always chocolate! I did find some cocoa roasted almonds that kinda help..... And I kinda try to drown myself drinking water but you are surely not alone!
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I think this is normal. I tend to be ravenous and nothing satisfies about a week before. But during and right after I am not very hungry at all, so I think it balances out.
  • wendorfa
    Options
    I think it's totally normal. I agree to have a small something every day to at least keep the monster quiet. And drink a ton of water, it still helps take away cravings even then.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    OMG I do that. And then I obsess over food...like literally just think about it constantly. I usually give in and have some chocolate, but then it overwhelms me and I can't finish it. I could probably finish two orders of fries. Or Denny's hash browns. I love taters....damn now I'm drooling.
  • EliDC
    EliDC Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I don't have any advice other than the suggestions to keep the binge foods out of the house - I just wanted to say that I do this too. It's hard - but you can resist! Good luck!
  • maryv_sf
    Options
    My old weakness was sweets for that week...and I mean full on sugar high, candy binge. Since I still have that sweet craving at that time I started keeping 100 calorie packs in my desk at work because that's where I was the worst. That little bag of Keebler chocolate chip cookies doesn't look like much but it usually satisfies that craving...at least for the most part. :) Good Luck!
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    I binge too! I try not to have any food I like in the house. I do treat myself with some of my indulgence (chocolate) during the week. I allow 1 Hersey Nugget a day. I have also found Pure Protein bars that actually have a pretty good taste.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I thought I had escaped that by going on the three month pill. Instead I just switched my monthly cravings from TOM to month-end craziness (I'm an accountant). I'm usually fine but it seems like the second someone says "account reconciliation" or "journal entry" I want to eat everything I can find. Luckily month-end was relatively easy this time and we're just about done before I've done too much damage.
  • Circa1964
    Circa1964 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    YUP! I seem to have little will-power just before that time. SUCKS!
  • hrobinson416
    hrobinson416 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Boy am I relieved to see all of the responses! There is one day every month where I am a bottomless pit. I can eat a large meal and not even feel the tiniest bit full.......so I eat and eat and eat and eat. I think I could eat any food eating contest on that day and NOT be full!!

However the day I start - 0 food intake usually. Not hungry for the first day - barely hungry the second. Then I am back to normal. Maybe its just the bodies way of storing up for the process ahead. I have to admit...I give in on those days and eat whatever I can find to stop the madness.

Perhaps October will be different :-) If not....well...I will just have to work extra hard in the days following.