Quick breakfasts?

Options
MrsFarrow
MrsFarrow Posts: 326 Member
What do you guys do for quick and easy breakfasts? I saw a recipe earlier for some fairly simply pumpkin protein bars that I'm going to make. I've found that's where the majority of my calories come from, I run out the door and get something to go. I'm looking for things I can pre-make and just grab and go. Any help is appreciated!!!

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com has GREAT breakfast recipes!!!
  • kburns0709
    kburns0709 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    usually what ill do is have a breakfast shake or something like that then i eat a piece of fruit or a handful of nuts, i eat my bigger meal at lunch
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Monday - Friday it's usually an orange an 1/4 cup of unroasted almonds with a cup of yerba mate tea. I eat in my car on the way to work. Some people light up when they get behind the wheel, not me. I've been doing having this all year for breakfast and now when I get in the car to run an errand I automatically look for my orange and almonds. It's not alot, so I will have some pretzels or special K chips at about 10:30 am to tide me over til lunch.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I make a bunch of these on the weekend and freeze them in zip lock bags.

Whole grain muffin with canadian bacon, reduced fat swiss cheese, 1 egg white.

To thaw - open your zip lock bag and put it in the microwave for about 45 seconds. Or you can take it out of the bag and wrap it in a paper towel for 45 seconds.
  • alfabarb1
    Options
    I just have an uncle tobys honey sachet. 90 minutes in the microwave and its done.
  • anewmeat50
    Options
    I keep hard boiled eggs in my frige for the week, that way I can have one with toast and coffie, plus I can put one on a salad for lunch.eggs are high in protine so you dont get hungery as offten.
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'm lazy for breakfast so I usually have the same thing... a sandwich that is turkey, a light laughing cow cheese wedge, and either a bagel thin to put it on, or if I've made my homemade focaccia bread, I put it on that.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I like sausage biscuits. And ham biscuits. And pork chop biscuits. I have yet to perfect the chicken biscuit, though.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I can make a smoothie in <5 mins, and I usually do before work, put it in a shaker cup and depending on its contents, it can range from a snack (200 cals) to a few meals (1000ish).

Bars for sure though, you can basically take any cookie/cake recipe, swap out flour for whey, reduce or remove sugar (add substitute or apple sauce) then bake one large cake...cool and cut into bars.

I'm a fan of making 'cheesecake' bars, with blended cottage cheese and whatever flavorings. Oat-crumb crust works well.

Freeze em in ziplock baggies, and you can make enough for a month in one afternoon. I did that a few times before working at a remote camp. I did pumpkin cheesecake bars, apple-cinnamon, banana-bread.

50 cals, 5g protein, i think I used puffed wheat to add volume and very little calories to these brownies.
    19062_269198468481_500843481_3313692_2548810_n.jpg

Banana Bread with Chocolate whey as a base
    14991_387691998481_500843481_3846032_4429628_n.jpg

Blueberry bars with a strawberry-banana whey base.
    14991_387692018481_500843481_3846035_1531305_n.jpg

Oatmeal cinnamon cakes 80cals 8g protein
    19062_269198458481_500843481_3313691_946416_n.jpg

Again, any basic cookie or cake recipe, swap the flour for whey, add spice or fresh fruit flavorings (sugarless juice powder works also)..and for the most part they'll turn out. I also remove pretty much all the butter and sugar, and use splenda.

Don't be afraid to get a little naughty in the kitchen. It isn't church.
  • Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Okay, my absolute favorite breakfast when I am not eating low carb are bannana pancakes!!!! Take half of a bannana, two egg whites, one splenda packet and a little cinnamon, blend very well together..... will make a batter and they are sooo good!

When I am eating low carb (which is now), I eat 1 whole egg, 2 egg whites and a handful of spinach... if my carbs are too low for the day, I sometimes throw in a little bit of tomatoes.... again, so good!

But that's just me!! :happy:
  • Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Awe...Kiwiburger, you made me soooooo hungry!! Those all look sooooooo good!!:sad:
  • EliDC
    EliDC Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I toss a yogurt in my bag and eat it once I get to the office - Fage 2% Greek is my current favorite.