How bad is this??

Options
ok so on the week ends it is really hard for me to stay on any sort of calorie count. I can normally do one day but the other i have been almost doubling my calories on that day. I do stay within my 1200 calories the rest of the week.. Is this really horrible??

Replies

• atapjn
    atapjn Posts: 5
    Options
    ok so on the week ends it is really hard for me to stay on any sort of calorie count. I can normally do one day but the other i have been almost doubling my calories on that day. I do stay within my 1200 calories the rest of the week.. Is this really horrible??
  • ness13hill
    ness13hill Posts: 114
    Options
    I'm not sure about your question...but everyone has a tougher time on weekens...or most of us, me included! Maybe get some extra work out in that day. I don't think it is great to double your calories though...Don't give up and stick with it!
  • mickie
    mickie Posts: 183
    Options
    It's obviously better to stick to your diet on the week-ends, but lots of people actually take one day and make it their "cheat day". Some people need this to keep going on their diets. If you take a cheat day then you don't feel so deprived and you don't worry about it so much. Maybe after a few bad cheat days you'll start to cut back on your calories because you want to, not because you crave them and feel deprived. I wouldn't sweat it too much!
  • pablohansen
    Options
    I have a similar problem. I just remind myself that my goal is a long term weight loss, and I've fallen off the wagon, so it is time to get back on and work on it some more. I do agree with the concept of cheat day, as long as it doesn't reintroduce you to some bad habits that you have been avoiding. Just like taking a day off of working out to let your body rest, I think it is good to take a day off and reward yourself for the hard work you have been doing. Plus, sometimes when I splurge, afterward I al most feel sick to my stomach cause my body is not used to that much food. Becomes a good reminder for next time i want to splurge, to at least limit it a little bit.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I think you have to decide how bad you really want this...doing something that hinders your goals or slows them down is not always the best move....because eventually you will get discouraged with your results.
  • Sexy_N_Red
    Options
    This is not a bad ideas if you only do one day a week. Call it your free day or cheat day. If you are good the rest of the week and not having any thing bad. Use that day to be your doughntu, chocolate, ice cream, etc. day. I have done this before.
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    It's obviously better to stick to your diet on the week-ends, but lots of people actually take one day and make it their "cheat day". Some people need this to keep going on their diets.

We used to do cheat days ... and I found them going into Friday-Sunday long weekends. We do a cheat meal instead now, we don't talk about it until after lunch the day of the meal, and it satisfies any cravings we might have, keeps us from going off track so badly we get sick from it, and shows us how we can make better decisions at restaurants and be happy. Maybe that'll do it for you? But I totally understand ... because of cheat weekends, my scale hasn't moved in a month ... good luck!!
  • mickie
    mickie Posts: 183
    Options
    Good thinking! A cheat MEAL is a much better idea than a whole cheat day!:happy: