Juice???

Options
I love juice first thing in the morning. The problem is it has so much sugar and carbs. Does anyone have any suggestions? This is the only time in the day I drink something other than water.

Replies

• klewis81
    klewis81 Posts: 122
    Options
    I personally don't drink juice because it is so high in calories and sugar, but my suggestions would be to watch the portion size (I would go with 4 oz) and just work it in to your day. I can work a lot of things into my diet if I am careful the rest of the day. Yesterday I even had a donut and made it under calories.
  • justjoyful
    Options
    If you really want to have juice, try watering it down. Half juice, half water. It may taste light to start with, but you soon get used to it. Alternatively, try lemon juice and water. I use the lemon juice that you can buy in the supermarket (make sure it is just juice, no added sugar), and just put a good squirt in a glass, and fill with water.

Works for me!
  • marsisamazing
    marsisamazing Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would recommend trying to switch from juice to simply fruit instead. A lot less of a dent in your calories, plus much healthier and they provide more energy (:
  • Ferrea
    Ferrea Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You could try getting the "light" juice that has artificial sweeteners in it instead of sugar. Or you could try eating some fruit to see if that will satisfy you.
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I love vitamin water but hate the calories :( I pour one serving into my nalge and top it off with water.. 50 calories and 32 oz of water done for the day :) crystal light has some ok flavors as well as the mio. Try adding some water to your juice :)
  • Sixalicious
    Sixalicious Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    The only juice I drink is Tropicana 50. It's 50 calories for an 8 oz serving and around 10 grams of sugar.
  • leslu12
    Options
    My nutritionist told me to switch to crystal light. It only has 5 calories. I like the flavors and it doesn't taste like a diet drink. Hope this helps :)
  • tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    The only juice I drink is Tropicana 50. It's 50 calories for an 8 oz serving and around 10 grams of sugar.

This is the juice I am drinking and it takes 10 of my 24 grams of sugar for the day. Maybe I will try the lemon water. Isn't that supposed to be good for digestion or something also.
  • Kellyanne822
    Kellyanne822 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Try juicing your own fruit if you have a juicer. You can make all sorts of new fun drinks and maybe even try throwing some veggies in there. It will be less sugar than store bought juices packed with extra sugar and articial sweetners.
  • Sixalicious
    Sixalicious Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Lemon water is supposed to be good for digestion and it's tastes good without sweetening. I used to drink it all the time. I don't watch my sugar as closely as I probably should, but I drink orange juice primarily for the potassium.
  • looking4au
    looking4au Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Just cut it out all together. You are better off eating a piece of fruit instead.
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    cucumber water is amazing as well
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    It's a good habit to lose! It is really just sugar in a glass, most of the nutrients and fibre from the fruit are gone, so in my opinion it's largely empty calories, you may as well be drinking soft drink.
    But, if you really enjoy your juice then mix it with water to reduce the cals, or just account for it in your daily calorie allowance.

I think we all have to choose which empty calories are worth it for us - I drink wine which is emtpy calories too, but I enjoy it so I'm trying to keep it to the weekend and limit the amount.
    Perhaps that's something else you could try - drink water or coffee or herbal tea during the week and keep juice for the weekends.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I don't drink juice. But if it's your "thing" just meaure and log. If you are still losing then I wouldn't worry about it. My "thing" is my 100 calorie junk food lol. I'm not ready to give it up yet! So I eat and log it.
  • kcputtytat
    kcputtytat Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    If I drink juice I usually have 4 oz and dilute it with sparkling water.