I need some ideas

Options
does anyone know of a tasty jam of jelly that is low cal or sugar free? I have tried the smuckers sugar free strawberry and it doesn't have a lot of flavor to me. Suggestions????

Replies

• daisylou
    daisylou Posts: 118
    Options
    does anyone know of a tasty jam of jelly that is low cal or sugar free? I have tried the smuckers sugar free strawberry and it doesn't have a lot of flavor to me. Suggestions????
  • courtney21
    courtney21 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    If you like Raspberry, I just tried the Sugar Free Raspberry Preserves...I think it is made by Smuckers. It is great!
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about trying to make some myself with Splenda this summer ... we'll see how that goes ... but I kinda hate all the sugar free varieties. I am a country girl who grew up with the real stuff though ... so maybe that's it?

(Sorry I can't actually help here)
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    OK Do not laugh people, BUT I use Apple Sauce. OR a fruit Baby food.
    I have found that baby food is 100% pure stuff. No corn syrup addded. and low in calorie.
    Both of these come in a handy little carrying case of thier own.
    I use these on Toast and on pancakes and waffles.
    --Diannn...
  • mdimarco929
    Options
    no offense but what do you need it for? cut the jam out it will only remind you of the good stuff and leave you wanting more and unsatisfied. Just save it and have the real thing for a cheat meal. I think that's why a lot of people fail at diets, they try to replace the same foods the used to eat with different versions of the food that made them fat in the first place, instead of steering away from them completely which admittedly is tough and developing a whole new palate and a taste for real natural foods. Nothing tastes as good as looking good feels!
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I use the low sugar Smuckers grape jelly, very good!!
  • codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options
    Yes! Yes! Yes!!!!!

St. Dalfour is AMAZING!!!!!!!! I love the fig and the apricot, but they have lot's of other flavors!
  • daisylou
    daisylou Posts: 118
    Options
    I use it for toast on the days I actually have time to fix breakfast. Thanks everyone for the ideas, I am going to try the Smuckers grape. Thanks!
  • cquick
    cquick Posts: 220
    Options
    banana and blueberry buckle baby food is the bomb...i could eat it every day!

gaga, gurgle *burp*:blushing: