I cant run in the daylight....!!!!

bit of a downfall the other day when my friend asked me to go running with her... which i do a lot but at night... key word night... it was the middle of the day and she wanted my big booty to get out and go run... so i did well actually i walked fast and she asked what was up with me usually im atleast trying and i told her that no car passing wanted to see me running and jiggling all over Conway. when i said this she acted as though i was talking about her and not myself by the way she got upset. she asked where is the confident Becca that i know? and my reply to this was she goes into hiding when you make her run in the daylight... I just rly dnt know how to get over this i guess fear of judgement. anyone else have issues like this and any help in moving forward.

Replies

• ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    I run at night. I work out with the shades/curtains drawn so that not only can't the neighbors see me, but I can't either.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    I don't run at night because of all the nocturnal rapists/murderers and raccoons and such. Regular daytime people can suck it.
  • babylemonade
    babylemonade Posts: 250 Member
    I have the same problem. I hate to think of what people might be thinking of me while seeing me run down the street.
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    i prefer to run in the darkness mostly cause its cooler out...you shouldn't be embarrassed tho, you are doing your body good, no shame
  • Well, what they should be thinking is "Wow, good for her! What have I done today for fitness?" Good for you to get out there and do it whenever it works for you.
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    I usually only workout on my own property because when I go to, say, the public park and use the trails and course their I nearly have an anxiety attack every time I get near someone because I start projecting and putting thoughts into their head. I start wondering if they're really thinking the thoughts I am thinking they're thinking, e.g., "look at that whale!" or "did you feel that when she passed by? The Earth tilted in her direction." I wish I could stop having this reaction, and I am pretty sure it will go away as I lose weight and get healthier, but yeah, it's mental torture for me as of right now. So, like you, I pretty much refuse to workout in public.
  • Rompa_87
    Rompa_87 Posts: 291 Member
    I think you need to consider this in a different way.

The guys on fat2fit radio brought up an awesome quote that fits here,

“No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everybody on the couch.”

In this context exercising in the daylight, although far from your ideal weight goal is still better than everyone who is indoors watching you.

We know that the majority of adults are overweight or obese (the estimate here in Australia is around 2/3rds of all adults) and the people who you think would be disgusted seeing you jiggle probably do so themselves. What is worse is that they probably are not doing anything about it.

I'm not someone who jiggles, nor have I ever been overweight really, so I can understand people who might question my opinion. What I can tell you however, as someone in ideal shape and training for an ironman triathlon, that I would rather see you out running in the daylight than see you at a coffee shop or eating icecream in the daylight.
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    I don't run at night because of all the nocturnal rapists/murderers and raccoons and such. Regular daytime people can suck it.

And this is also my motivation for running in the daylight, my fear of death and raccoons.
  • lackie09
    lackie09 Posts: 123 Member
    I think you need to consider this in a different way.

The guys on fat2fit radio brought up an awesome quote that fits here,

“No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everybody on the couch.”

In this context exercising in the daylight, although far from your ideal weight goal is still better than everyone who is indoors watching you.

We know that the majority of adults are overweight or obese (the estimate here in Australia is around 2/3rds of all adults) and the people who you think would be disgusted seeing you jiggle probably do so themselves. What is worse is that they probably are not doing anything about it.

I'm not someone who jiggles, nor have I ever been overweight really, so I can understand people who might question my opinion. What I can tell you however, as someone in ideal shape and training for an ironman triathlon, that I would rather see you out running in the daylight than see you at a coffee shop or eating icecream in the daylight.

Thanks!