New to the site! [ not the app :) ]

Options
Hi! My name is Devon, and I'm a 22yo senior Allied Health major at Texas A&M.

^I end up always introducing myself that way...It's how students first interact on campus, haha.

I've been using the app (off-and-on) since Spring of this year, and didn't even pay attention to the fact that it had a website. Oops! I'm down about 13 pounds since I first began using it. I ended up not using it at all during the summer, due to being busy helping plan (maid of honor) a late summer wedding. Chaos! Haha. But, I am back!

I've always been "bigger." I'm big-boned. Big hands...big feet...wide ribs/shoulders. There are some things you just can't shrink ;). At my healthiest weight, I was about 150-160. I looked GOOD...well, looking back. I remember thinking I was a whale at that time. Here's to hitting that goal and NOT the same mindset!

The tricky part for me, is that I had a bad car wreck spring of '09, and ended up completely dislocating (with multiple fractures) all 5 metatarsals of my right foot. I had to have reconstructive surgery, and now have 3 permanent screws in my foot. Here's 2 fun pictures:
https://s-hphotos-sjc1.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/228178_1666153943674_1532040167_31353775_4184409_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/224329_1666154783695_1532040167_31353776_5396333_n.jpg

Those were taken this past April after sustaining a minor running injury...yes...I said running. My doctor told me I'd never be able to run again. After all, I couldn't even walk for about 6 months after my accident, and limped for the next year. I'm not a slow person though. I hate not moving. Aerobic walking, jogging, I love just moving. But...I have learned that for the sake of my beloved foot, I need to take it easier than I used to. I do a lot of cycling for cardio, and still run but only keep my runs to usually no more than a 5K at a time. The impact on my foot starts getting to me any longer than that, sadly.

Also, because of the screws, I have to do a few things modified in terms of exercises. I can't do regular push-ups (or planks) because of the position/angle/pressure it puts my right foot in. There are more I've encountered but that's all I can remember in my near electroencephalographically challenged state...aka, braindead from studying for an anatomy/physiology class. I'm a science nerd.

Anyway, I think I've made this wayyyy too long. I hope to be more active on this site now that I know it exists!

Replies

• ShanteA13
    ShanteA13 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I also have used the app for a very long time and I did not know there was even a website. I just happen to find it the other day. Good luck on your weight loss journey.
  • miss_sarcastic
    Options
    I also have used the app for a very long time and I did not know there was even a website. I just happen to find it the other day. Good luck on your weight loss journey.

You too! :)