My long term success story :) (pics)

Options
ni3k
ni3k Posts: 7 Member
Hi guys and gals,

ive been using this site off and on for the last couple of years but never really had much of a look at the forums.
I used to weigh 16st7lb+ (circa 105kg) purely from lazyness and overeating. eventually i put the effort in and changed myself and got it down under the 12stone mark about 5 years ago

fatnick.jpg

DSC02899.jpg

Since then ive always ballooned between 12st - 13st but at the moment ive been calorie tracking/exercising for a few weeks and got it down to 11st10, but after playing around with a BMI calculator realised im still "overweight" grr with a BMI 25.01.

To get into the middle of the healthy range i will need to lose another couple of stones, which would be nice but im not sure if the motivation will hold out that long, anytime i get happy with my weight i end up getting lazy and end up putting the weight back on even when exercising less and not eating that much

so im back under the weight i was when these photos were taken now :)
I love the feeling of being able to get into all of my smallest size clothes, Ive got trousers ranging from 30"-40" waists and tshirts from S through to XXL lol.
currently trying to help my cousin lose weight aswell and got her onto mfp too, which also helps to keep me motivated to my own goals, which ive now updated on here to aim for 63kg (currently 75kg, was 79kg last month)

DSCI1284.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

Replies

• snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    You look Great!!! Keep at it, staying motivated is hard, but as we all know its way worth it!
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    wow man! you look great! keeps me motivated!!!
  • hstallings13
    Options
    you look wonderful, keep up the amazing work
  • YogiGirlLucy
    Options
    Wow! Look at you!! Great job!

Lucy :)
  • Kgoshey2011
    Options
    wow1 i just started this and i doubt that my weight is what i said it was because i lost quite a bit of weight before starting this and i havent been on a scale since july so who knows! but i just want to say wow after seeing ur pics and hearing what you had to say i so am going to be able to do this. your pics helped to motivate me <3 thx.
  • ni3k
    Options
    thanks guys! oh and i have to say the best method for losing weight i found was WALKING :) and when i hit a plateau i would make an effort to go for a few runs, i walked 6-9 miles a day (to and from work every day) for about 5 months to lose the bulk of the weight.

Im currently making sure i walk the 3 miles to uni most of the week and if its not too miserable weather the 4 mile walk to work on weekends, if im not walking a lot theres no weight loss... although saying that ive been doing loads of walking in the last couple of weeks and barely lost a pound, but have definately noticed the difference in the belly girth area even though there was no actual weight drop!
  • kym117
    kym117 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    well done, you look great!
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic. Well done for sticking with it.

You make a good point about walking as well. It's easy to think that you need to sweat buckets in the gym to lose weight, but really it's just about getting up off your backside and moving.

Keep it up!
  • RuchikaPal
    RuchikaPal Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    you look really hot :D:tongue:
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! Congrats on your success!
  • Custic
    Custic Posts: 4
    Options
    welll done! :)
  • sunnysashka
    Options
    You look great! Awesome job!
  • benodie
    benodie Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    wow what a difference u look brilliant!! I love seeiing the success stories on here it really keeps me going . .so thanku for posting! :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • tekiegirl
    tekiegirl Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You look great!

I think the way to motivate yourself to not balloon again to to throw out (donate to charity) all of your clothes that are now too big. That way you have nothing to wear if you put on weight! :D
  • connina
    connina Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You look awesome way t go!
  • ni3k
    Options
    I donated some of my bigger clothes to my dad, so still see some of the things I used to wear. Not brave enough to chick away the slightly bigger things as I quite often end up just restricting myself to what i'm wearing. Maybe I'll do one of these pics people do with wearing their fat clothes after leading weight :)
  • littleenginethatcan
    Options
    You look great! Very handsome!
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress!!!! That should be enough to inspire anyone. Keep up the great work. You have to be enjoying life in your new skin.
  • Splinkysgirl2
    Options
    Wow! I'm thoroughly impressed. Great job!
  • kathas0trophal
    kathas0trophal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    wow. Look at you. A complete different person. Great
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!