Protein shakes

Options
Does anyone have a good, favourite protein shake they want to share with me? I have issues eating breakfast and thought a shake might be easier to swallow. I am looking for relatively low carb, powdered or home made and ultimately not too expensive....let me know what it is and why you like it. Thanks!

Replies

• Quarantined
    Options
    I like Aussie Bodies Perfect Protein powder. They make it in chocolate or vanilla. Per serve there's 29g protein, 2.5g carbs and 2.1g sugar.
  • ChristopherOren
    Options
    8 oz of Almond Milk with the Biggest Loser Designer Whey Protein. Very low carb and good for you

http://www.amazon.com/DESIGNER-Supplement-Chocolate-10-Ounce-Canister/dp/B001LF2ISA
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse Farms Chocolate...doesn't even taste like a protein shake!
  • ahappyapple
    ahappyapple Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    http://www.dashingdish.com/2010/03/i-cant-believe-its-not-a-milkshake/

She makes the BEST tasting protein shake!!! :) You should try them!
  • GymRatRaceRunner
    GymRatRaceRunner Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    GNC Pro Performance AMP Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60.

Protein: 60 g
    Carbs: 7g
    Fat: 1g
    Sugar: 2g

And it comes in many different flavors. I have vanilla right now, and it tastes really good.
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    http://www.dashingdish.com/2010/03/i-cant-believe-its-not-a-milkshake/

She makes the BEST tasting protein shake!!! :) You should try them!

^^this! They are freaking amazing!!!! You can also use her base and just spin off and make whatever you want. My favorite is what I call blueberry pie. I just use her base with plain Greek yogurt instead of cottage cheese, 3/4 c. frozen blueberries, 1 tsp cinnamon, blend up. Sometimes I mix in half a bag of Lorna Doone cookies (or similar). They're so stinkin' good...
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I use optimum nutrition egg white protien with unsweetened vanilla almond milk I throw a cup of frozen mixed berries in the blender with it and it's delicious.
  • kmarks727
    Options
    I really enjoy the Muscle Milk Blueberries & Cream for breakfast. If you put it in a blender with milk & ice, its amazing!
  • Anweena
    Anweena Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody!
  • sherry_augustine
    sherry_augustine Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    bump
  • stefchica
    stefchica Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    i always make mine at home. just get a protein supplement powder: hemp, whey, soy, etc. and mix it with your favs! i love a chocolate strawberry one:

1 cup frozen strawberries
    1 cup chocolate almond milk or low fat chocolate milk
    1 scoop protein powder
    3 ice cubs
    1 tbsp peanut butter
    1/2 cup coooked oatmeal (optional if you want more of a meal)
    2 tbsp flaxseed or chia seeds

1 cup chocolate low fat milk/almond/soy
    1/2 banana
    1 tbsp peanut butter
    1 scoop protein powder
    3 ice cubes
    1 scoop low fat ice cream vanilla or chocolate

1 scoop low fat ice cream
    1 cup mixed berries (strawberries/blueberries/rasberries/blackberries)
    1 scoop protein powder
    1/2 cup cooked oatmeal
    3 ice cubes

1 scoop protein powder
    1 tbsp peanut butter
    1 tsp instant coffee
    1 cup low fat milk/soy/almond
    4 ice cubes

if you check out the abs diet website, just google "the abs diet" ther are LOTS of protein smoothie recipes on there..mmmmm
  • ej7189
    ej7189 Posts: 1
    Options
    I like Bolthouse Farms also! Protein Plus 21 Nutrient Blend Chocolate is so good. I buy a 32 oz bottle of it and it lasts me four to five times.
    I drink a cup in the morning if I don't have time to make a powdered shake or if I get to the end of the day and I'm waaaay under my calorie count... I have some so I don't wake up starving and snack.

Calories: 190
    Protein: 16 g

And it seriously does not taste like a health drink!
  • TaraMKL
    TaraMKL Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I got a free sample of shakeology (beachbody) when I ordered a workout. I am in LOVE with it. Price is the one downfall, but after two months of careful consideration and trying other things, I just bit the bullet and went for it. I love it!!
  • birches
    birches Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi, from my reading, I found designer whey protien shakes were highly recommended. I add 1.5 teaspoons of baking cocoa - an additional 8 calories and 2 teaspoons of splenda to improve the taste. Supposedly, whey protein shakes are really beneficial after workouts to "feed" your muscles making it good for body builders and weight loss seakers (like myself - middle aged/perimenopausal woman trying to lose weight) - what a nightmare.
  • Brady_
    Brady_ Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump