Skinnylicious menu at the cheesecake factory.

Options
Grimmerick
Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
I was so excited last night when I saw the new skinnylicious menu at the cheesecake factory. There is so much on it and what I had was delicious and filling! I am such a fatty at heart but I had a glass of wine, the sauteed mushroom lettuce wraps and the margherita flatbread. YUM! I still had 200 calories left after dinner. If you are looking for a restaurant and you want an actual choice to make on which healthier meal you want instead of just picking out of two or three choices, try the cheesecake factorys new skinnylicious menu. Just wanted to share!

Replies

• megan4487
    megan4487 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. This must be new, because last time I looked at their menu almost everything on it was like over 1,000 calories. I cant wait to try it!!!
  • FeelTheRhythm
    Options
    Thank you for the insight!! I love the cheesecake factory but you just proved more of a reason to love it. I must admit that I am more ecstatic about the pumpkin cheesecake... Oh boyyyy.
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    i wish we had a cheesecake factory where i live! :sad:
  • Suzymo3
    Suzymo3 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, I was looking for a healthy choice for lunch when my mom comes to town. I think I just found my answer.
  • Grimmerick
    Options
    I know some people will say oh it's still high calorie, but I am sorry if I go out to eat and the meal is under 590 calories then I am ecstactic, I mean you are out to eat FFS.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I guess they were tired of getting blassted by the "eat this not that" guy.

I love Cheesecake Factory so I am excite by a new skinnylicious menu :)
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I know some people will say oh it's still high calorie, but I am sorry if I go out to eat and the meal is under 590 calories then I am ecstactic, I mean you are out to eat FFS.

Last time I went to the cheesecake factory, I downed over 4k calories. (1300 appetizer, ~1500 meal, 1600 piece of cheesecake, + tons of booze.)

So 590 is pretty good ;)
  • pattyox
    Options
    This is great news, thanks for sharing.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    And then I have a slice of cheesecake...

Actually, they changed the recipe for their low carb cheesecake. The bastages! It USED to be 12g of carbs per slice. But people complained. WHAT? If you're complaining about a low carb cheesecake, you're on the wrong diet. NOW it's 42g of carbs per slice. PER SLICE? That is NOT what I could call low carb. It's lowER carb, sure. We asked how many carbs are in a regular slice...she said it can get as high as 70g. umm, 70-42 is not a big difference, imho. *sigh*
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    Having some "wiggle room" (leftover calories) is always a good thing when you eat out.

Restaurant nutritional info is often off by as much as 30% and there is absolutely NO regulation on restaurant nutrition labeling. Since foods are prepared to order, that leaves further room for variation from location to location: all it takes is a little extra oil, sauce,or something else, and all of a sudden you have a couple hundred extra calories that you didn't count on.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,711 Member
    Options
    Yay! My birthday is later this month, and my whole family was hoping I'd choose Cheesecake Factory for my birthday dinner. Now I think I will. :bigsmile:
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I was so excited last night when I saw the new skinnylicious menu at the cheesecake factory. There is so much on it and what I had was delicious and filling! I am such a fatty at heart but I had a glass of wine, the sauteed mushroom lettuce wraps and the margherita flatbread. YUM! I still had 200 calories left after dinner. If you are looking for a restaurant and you want an actual choice to make on which healthier meal you want instead of just picking out of two or three choices, try the cheesecake factorys new skinnylicious menu. Just wanted to share!

That sounds good
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    new vegetarian burgers too ;)
  • Grimmerick
    Options
    Having some "wiggle room" (leftover calories) is always a good thing when you eat out.

Restaurant nutritional info is often off by as much as 30% and there is absolutely NO regulation on restaurant nutrition labeling. Since foods are prepared to order, that leaves further room for variation from location to location: all it takes is a little extra oil, sauce,or something else, and all of a sudden you have a couple hundred extra calories that you didn't count on.

Yeah I know about the 30% thing (sucks), thats why I usually count my meals with a hundred or so extra calories when I eat out just to be sure.
  • mike_hill
    mike_hill Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I ate off the Skinnylicious menu a couple weeks ago and it was really nicely done. The flavor was still there, but the portion sizes were much smaller. I did split a piece of key lime cheesecake with my wife, but overall the meal was really not too bad for eating out.
  • mike_hill
    mike_hill Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Grrr. double post
  • smashatoms
    smashatoms Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! Thanks for sharing!
    My husband loves the Cheesecake Factory, but it's kind of been off limits for awhile now. I think he'll be excited to finally get back!
  • tararocks
    tararocks Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    hungrygirl.com just did an article on this, she went and taste tested tells you which of them she's had but also which ones she was skeptical of on the reported calorie count, just in case you want to check it out. Ive scoped out the new menu, love that there are so many choices.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    This is cool. Just a few weeks ago, I saw someone complain that restaurant menus are getting outrageous and they cited the Cheesecake Factory as being one of the worst in terms of calorie count. It's great when restaurants begin catering to their clientelle more! I wish we had one around here... I'm near Harrisburg, PA.

Shannon
  • Grimmerick
    Options
    hungrygirl.com just did an article on this, she went and taste tested tells you which of them she's had but also which ones she was skeptical of on the reported calorie count, just in case you want to check it out. Ive scoped out the new menu, love that there are so many choices.

Thank you for sharing! That was a good article. and I found out my meal had even less calories than I thought