Jacob is no longer retouching models – go Canada!

Options
Every little bit helps in our society. If the photo is too small, please click the link

http://jacob.ca/ - >English>no retouching policy

untitled-1.jpg

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    That's awesome that they won't reshape the models anymore. You can definitely see a difference.
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is great!!! love that they are doing that! :-)
  • bluemist248
    bluemist248 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Great news! That's what we need to see, besides the non-edited model looks much better anyway!
    I wonder how long it'll take England to do this...
  • New_Hope
    Options
    That is AMAZING news! Now if only the rest of the world would follow suit!
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    That's great to hear! I can definately see the difference especially in her thighs!
  • bhb301
    bhb301 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Yea it would be nice to just photo retouch our flaws
  • Whitneylol
    Options
    This is awesome!!!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    This is fantastic! I think she looks just as pretty in the original picture. Our daughters need this to help promote better self-esteem and self-image.

Shannon
  • miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    Options
    that is great! i wish everyone would follow suit!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Cool. The model is already slender to a point that's unattainable for most mortals. The retouched photo is disturbingly thin.
  • tchat2011
    tchat2011 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    this is wonderful news!! I want my daughters to see reality as they grow......maybe young girls will start to have more realistic visions of what people are suppose to look like! This will be great for society!!!!
  • blueyeb
    blueyeb Posts: 85
    Options
    I love this and wish it was a law! It should be a type of false advertisement to reshape the models, lol.
  • roballesteros
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! It was eye opening to me....women (including myself) get so caught up in what we think we should look like instead of what a healthy women looks like. We end up competing with images that are unattainable and a complete lie. These sort of deceptive practices lead directly to eating disorders, very sad! I only hope other retailers, magazines and the fasion world follows suit very soon.
  • ryanfeltz
    ryanfeltz Posts: 126
    Options
    Love it......
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Wow they actually retouched the attractive curves she had and took them out, they actually did a great job of making her look worse by retouching the photo, what genius decided that was a good idea? I am glad they don't retouch because I seriously prefer the unretouched photo.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Good! Its so ridiculous how people actually believe that these women and men actually have perfect bodies. They dont!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    That is great, good for Jacob.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    well there goes my hopes for a modeling career. *cough* lol j/k